No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know disabled drivers can park anywhere. I'm going to be ready next time and it's going on YouTube. It's shameful.

Comment

I was listening to Jeremy vine and it was about buying things from abroad and then incurring customs/import duty. People are saying they've ordered things off say Amazon and then finding they have a hefty import bill. I recall buying something off Amazon and had no idea it was coming from France. I was thinking I was buying from UK. So be careful what you buy or rather make sure you know where it's coming from.
      Denise

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
        I was listening to Jeremy vine and it was about buying things from abroad and then incurring customs/import duty. People are saying they've ordered things off say Amazon and then finding they have a hefty import bill. I recall buying something off Amazon and had no idea it was coming from France. I was thinking I was buying from UK. So be careful what you buy or rather make sure you know where it's coming from.
        Denise
        I have bought things from Amazon that are sent from the US and above a certain value I was charged tax plus a handling fee if Royal Mail is involved. No charges ex the EU but I don’t know if that has changed post brexit.
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
          No charges ex the EU but I don’t know if that has changed post brexit.
          It has changed as the UK is no longer part of a customs union with the EU, so buying from France or Germany, for example, is now the same as buying from the US or Mongolia - buying from any EU country and importing into the UK can attract UK VAT and Customs Charges (depending on value and type of product) and maybe processing fee, payable by the consumer.

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ground hog day today. Just thought those who like cuddly animals will be interested 🙄

Comment

Every day is groundhog Day for me. 😞

Comment

Not much better here 😞

Comment

Working...
                X