X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denise
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2020

I can't help but think proof of vaccination will open doors. Do they know how long the vaccination will last?
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

• denise
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2020

I agrees with Mrs Gary. My daughter's a teacher and I feel yes they should and the kids. They went back to school yesterday and today back to home schooling.

Comment

• Mary C
        Forum Member
        • May 2020

what is CEV

Comment

• Shaun
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2020

Originally posted by Mary C View Post
          what is CEV
          hello Mary
          clinically extremely vulnerable

As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

• GaryM
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2020

Just thought it worth mentioning that if you're the main carer for someone it is worth informing your GP as it puts you in wave 6 for vaccination, which will move you up the priority list if you're under 65 years old.

Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

• Deb
              Forum Member
              • May 2018

Thank you for that Gary. Really useful x

Comment

• Lynne K
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2017

We will get the vaccine in group 4 with 70 year olds and above and some others if my memory serves me are front line NHS workers. Boris and crew stated that groups 1 to 4 will all be vaccinated by 15th February and following that other groups until all 18 year olds and over have been offered the jab. So me and my husband are in group 4, me because clinically vulnerable and him because he’s 70 years old.

I hope that nothing puts a spanner in this works of the above mentioned schedule. But I’ll not hold my breath. I believed them when they said that this was their target but the best laid plans of mice and men can go astray, and this Government’s track record has not been good in my humble opinion. Lynne
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• jd58
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2020

Yes hopefully we get it it soon

Comment

• GaryM
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2020

The other promises were reliant on private companies. This programme is dependent largely on the NHS, GPs and the army, so I reckon it has a better chance of success. The potential spanner in the works is another mutation of the virus that doesn't respond to the vaccine.

Comment

• denise
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2020

Listening to sky news. Talking about testing for covid. Did you know that negative test results do not prove that you don't have it. Just means they don't know for sure. So all this fuss about needing a negative result to get into hospital, to travel and all those poor lorry drivers stuck at Christmas and negative doesn't mean what we think. 😐

Comment

• Lynne K
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2017

On Tuesday this week my great granddaughter (two and a half) and her mum, my granddaughter got their tests back. The baby’s test came back positive, caught from her nursery teacher who had tested positive. My granddaughter tested negative but the following day spent 3 hours in bed feeling exhausted and not right so she’s got it now despite her negative test result. The baby’s dad (my granddaughter’s life partner) will almost certainly be next because an ill toddler can’t isolate from their parents and need hugs. I blame Boris’s crew for this. What a stupid decision to keep nurseries open and yet close schools (they were too slow to do this too). This Government have been reactive so keep doing things late. It’s better to plan ahead. Scientists advised about the possibility of other strains of COVID-19 evolving but nothing was done until the new easier to catch strain had overrun London and the SE. My other family members (that I already mentioned on here about) were caught by that and took it unknowingly to Holland. And so it continues....
                        Lynne
                        Last edited by Lynne K; 14 January 2021, 16:44.
                        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• GaryM
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2020

I hope they all come through it okay, Lynne.

Comment

• denise
                            Forum Member
                            • Jun 2020

Oh Lynne that's horrible. I do wish you all a good recovery.
                            I'm sick of hearing about this dreadful virus. Just when we think its going to get better with vaccination and testing then it looks like a new variant is coming to get us. Will it be over by Christmas? 😯

Comment

• jaffabeach
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2018

Originally posted by denise View Post
                              Listening to sky news. Talking about testing for covid. Did you know that negative test results do not prove that you don't have it. Just means they don't know for sure. So all this fuss about needing a negative result to get into hospital, to travel and all those poor lorry drivers stuck at Christmas and negative doesn't mean what we think. 😐
                              Hi there I think it depends which test is taken. The lateral flow test are less good than PCR test.

Comment

• denise
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2020

Hi jaffabeach
                                I didn't hear which test so you may be right but if they tell you it's negative you would just take it you're ok and could end up giving it to someone else. I don't know if they say that it's negative but it might not be. Bit confusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X