No announcement yet.

Vaccination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gary and Denise. Fingers crossed that that they all recover quickly and don’t suffer long term like some do. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I have had my covid vaccine at my GPs today . It felt as safe as possible as you just went into a room via a side door. We explained that my husband is my only carer and we would be in a spot of bother if he got ill. They found him a spare vaccine and the doctor said he had vaccinated much less deserving cases. Its definitely worth trying to get carers vaccinated.

Its not going to change anything but its good to have some protection.
      Love Debbie x

Comment

Well done deb. Each time I watch someone getting a jab on tv it really makes me cringe.
        😘

Comment

Nice one Deb 👍😁x

Comment

Good news Deb just remember you need to wait until you both have had the second jab before you throw a wild party 😁

Comment

I'm hoping for mine soon. Just a bit concerned about flooding the place out with tears. 🙄
              Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Fabulous news Debbie!! x
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I’m booked in for Monday, hubby my carer already had his because he’s an oldie 😂
                  Janette x

Comment

I had my jab today. I'm in group 4 because of COPD. Took about half an hour. Louise didn't get offered one despite asking. I'll let you know if I get any side-effects.

Comment

My wife Sue has her’s next Friday but no sign of my letter
                      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

I’m Booked in for Monday morning , took my mother for hers on Thursday , very well organised production line , in and out in 10 mins , approx 60 vaccination stations, they were getting through patients faster than Mac Donald’s drive through
                        As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
                          I got a text to my mobile, it said a letter was in the post. It'll probably arrive late next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
                            I got a phone call. The day after I'd had it they rang me to say they'd got some spares and did I want one ! They're just like buses. X 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
                              I had my jab today. I'm in group 4 because of COPD. Took about half an hour. Louise didn't get offered one despite asking. I'll let you know if I get any side-effects.
                              I was hoping to tell you all that I had no side-effects, but I can't. I've had the worst 24 hours in many months. Vaccination at 4pm yesterday. Felt fine until I went to bed, whereupon I started shivering and mouth chattering. I hardly slept all night. I was struggling to get my breath, I felt like I conciously had to breathe in and this was stopping me going to sleep. My heart felt like it was racing. I also had catarrh in my throat which I couldn't clear. I assume the breathing problems were caused by fatigue. At 6am I decided to take some liquid paracetamol. Should have taken it earlier. I felt very warm by then, not feverish though. I decided to try three pillows which helped with the breathing but my neck was killing me. The liquid paracetamol felt like it was burning my throat and caused a series of throat spasms. I've had trouble with catarrh all day and throat spasms. Don't know what will happen tonight. Not been able to sleep during the day. Every time I try nod off, my throat makes me gag and cough. Sorry it's not better news.

Comment

Oh Gary that sounds terrible. I hope you have a better night. I shall be thinking of you. Let's hope you're over the worst of it. Love and hugs Denise xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X