Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memories

I am aware that Matthew is having a bad time lately and I wish him all the support he can muster. I hope everyone struggling with MND and the many carers on this forum can look back on happy memories shared with loved ones. I was reminded of one by a Facebook page that popped up today with a video when Sue and I went on a trip to see the Aurora Borealis 2 years after diagnosis. Although I was experiencing balance issues I was determined to join the group snow shoe trek. Wearing snow shoes gives one a good sense of balance on terra firma (imagine clowns shoes) but it’s a different story on soft snow.

https://www.facebook.com/barry.wilso...7425008451681/
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

I have good memories of days gone by.
    I have been very lucky and lived a full life, travelled the world in the forces and in civilian life.
    Two marriages, the first to a German lady for 5 years, then had 5 years off for good behaviour, and now doing the long stretch, 29 years tomorrow
    We have had cars, motorbikes and the last ten years a large motorhome, that we travelled extensively around Europe for our holidays, that was until my 7.5t licence was taken off me due to illness.
    I have no bucket list, because I know I would not enjoy anything in this condition, a bit like showing look what you could have done if you didnt have MND.
    Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
    Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
    Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Brilliant idea it makes present day so inviting.

Comment

Working...
      X