Earliest Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denise View Post
    Do you think we were wise telling everyone?
    Hmm, didn't think of that. It'll be on t'interweb forever... Of course it's all Philip's fault - he encouraged us to bare all and just vanished 😏

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Barry being caught by your hair must have hurt but it really made me laugh. 😘

Comment

That Phil's good at doing that.

Comment

Barry being caught by your hair must have hurt but it really made me laugh. 😘
          I blame this for my bald head
          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            Hmm, didn't think of that. It'll be on t'interweb forever... Of course it's all Philip's fault - he encouraged us to bare all and just vanished 😏
            That’s just brought another memory back because my mother was the only one to call Philip but only when I wasn’t my usually saintly self 😇 In fact I really knew I was for it if it was Philip John 🙈

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
              That reminds me - I used to like putting an earthworm in my mouth and feel it wriggle 🤣🤣 I never ate them...
              Noooooo ! 😲x

Comment

Originally posted by Bowler View Post
                In fact I really knew I was for it if it was Philip John
                Thanks for that, noted 😉 x

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Damn🙈

Comment

I remember sitting on the bus and smoking candy cigarettes.
                    So you’ve always been a rebel then 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                      It may come as a surprise but I remember getting new shoes ... bright red , I can smell the leather now ! 👞 🩰 👠 👟
                      Also going to Elland Road to watch Leeds with my Dad, from being very young and getting fish and chips on the way home.Until lockdown I had a wheelchair place there. X
                      I used to drive past Elland Road every day for 18 months then once a month for about 15 years on my way to work in Leeds city centre.

Comment

I was two and sat on the counter of a fish and chip shop. It was a cold night and I remember how nice my warm bum felt. Plus I have always loved chips. 😁
                        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Good memories everyone. My earliest memory is playing with my eighteen months older sister around our large (to me) dining table. This was in a big room with huge (to me) windows. I’d forced myself behind the table, my sister was in pursuit and I got my legs burned on a hot iron that was sitting on the floor. I remember the intense shock. I have iron shaped scars on both lower legs to remind me. I remember the scramble to treat my burns with that netting with grease on. I forget what it’s called.

The ‘rooms’ were my parents first home in a large house. I was about eighteen months old. I remember looking at our next home (more rooms in a two family shared house). My brother was a little baby and he’s 2 years younger than me so I must have been 2. I remember lots from our time in this house. I remember our move to the house next to our nanna and grandad when I was 4. This was an adventure and a remember carrying my little toddler brother (the younger of my two) when I must have been 4 or 5. I have realised that it’s significant things that are more clearly remembered.

A funny memory is when my 2 uncles wanted to go down to the market to get a Christmas turkey. They decided that they needed to take a pram as the turkey would be to heavy to carry up steep hills back home. I was older than pram age, maybe 3 but they sat me in the pram as an excuse for using it. I remember the turkey at my feet in this coach built pram. I remember my nan plucking this turkey and she gave me and my sister the feet. When we pulled the long sinews the claws contracted which we were fascinated by. I have lots more early memories. This is fab’ Lynne
                          Last edited by Lynne K; 9 April 2021, 11:57.
                          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                            I was two and sat on the counter of a fish and chip shop. It was a cold night and I remember how nice my warm bum felt. Plus I have always loved chips. 😁
                            'Happiness is a warm bum'. A prize for the person who can identify which song title I've misquoted.
                            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Hi Gary.

The Beetles sang happiness is a warm gun.
                              I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Happiness is a warm gun... The Beatles.. White album.
                                Looking forward to my Prize, Gary 🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X