• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    I haven't got grandchildren.
    Nor do I, but I hope my children will have children and they'll learn all about me because I'll be long gone by then.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I haven't got grandchildren. My kids know about the snails. I have no other vices. I'm trying to give up chocolate ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowler View Post
    Ellie the best bit is that in years to come someone will do a forum search and bang there youโ€™ll be ๐Ÿ˜
    I'm sure my grandchildren will be proud of me ๐Ÿ˜

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    Bowls of bright pink sweet goo in the Walled Turkish City in Farmagusta. โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    I always wondered who likes Turkish Delight - an abomination of a sweet, flavoured with rose syrup ๐Ÿคข

And why do lavender cakes and ice cream exist?? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Ellie denise the best bit is that in years to come someone will do a forum search and bang there youโ€™ll be ๐Ÿ˜

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Bowls of bright pink sweet goo in the Walled Turkish City in Farmagusta. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Ellie me neither. We need new memories. ๐Ÿค”

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคฆโ€๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ฌ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Man, that does not make me sound good...
    Philip John, I want a word with you!! x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    We sound like super hero's ๐Ÿ˜Š

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Wow great memories in summary we have

A pole dancer
    A posh cruiser in red sandals
    A runaway in PJโ€™s
    A snail sucker
    A worm sucker
    A Leeds United supporter with red shoes
    A lake diver
    A bum warmer
    A Turkey foot player

What a varied bunch all bound together by one thing ๐Ÿ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I actually left Farmagusta and Cyprus two weeks before the invasion. We heard later that our neighbor and his entire family were murdered on invasion night. He was a Sgt in the Police. More deaths occurred that night from vendetta than armies fighting. That's Turks and Greeks for you.๐Ÿ˜Š
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thatโ€™s right Janette paraffin gauze the go to treatment in our house for burns x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    I remember when I was 6 or maybe seven in Cyprus, we went to a farm to get our turkey
    That would have been in North Cyprus so ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I remember when I was 6 or maybe seven in Cyprus, we went to a farm to get our turkey and I have never forgotten the headless birds running around. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
    Good memories everyone. My earliest memory is playing with my eighteen months older sister around our large (to me) dining table. This was in a big room with huge (to me) windows. Iโ€™d forced myself behind the table, my sister was in pursuit and I got my legs burned on a hot iron that was sitting on the floor. I remember the intense shock. I have iron shaped scars on both lower legs to remind me. I remember the scramble to treat my burns with that netting with grease on. I forget what itโ€™s called.

The โ€˜roomsโ€™ were my parents first home in a large house. I was about eighteen months old. I remember looking at our next home (more rooms in a two family shared house). My brother was a little baby and heโ€™s 2 years younger than me so I must have been 2. I remember lots from our time in this house. I remember our move to the house next to our nanna and grandad when I was 4. This was an adventure and a remember carrying my little toddler brother (the younger of my two) when I must have been 4 or 5. I have realised that itโ€™s significant things that are more clearly remembered.

A funny memory is when my 2 uncles wanted to go down to the market to get a Christmas turkey. They decided that they needed to take a pram as the turkey would be to heavy to carry up steep hills back home. I was older than pram age, maybe 3 but they sat me in the pram as an excuse for using it. I remember the turkey at my feet in this coach built pram. I remember my nan plucking this turkey and she gave me and my sister the feet. When we pulled the long sinews the claws contracted which we were fascinated by. I have lots more early memories. This is fabโ€™ Lynne
    Paraffin gauze Lynne, I was just laughing to myself imagining you playing with chicken feet ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X