Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deb
    replied
    Happiness is a warm gun... The Beatles.. White album.
    Looking forward to my Prize, Gary 🤣

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Gary.

The Beetles sang happiness is a warm gun.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    I was two and sat on the counter of a fish and chip shop. It was a cold night and I remember how nice my warm bum felt. Plus I have always loved chips. 😁
    'Happiness is a warm bum'. A prize for the person who can identify which song title I've misquoted.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Good memories everyone. My earliest memory is playing with my eighteen months older sister around our large (to me) dining table. This was in a big room with huge (to me) windows. I’d forced myself behind the table, my sister was in pursuit and I got my legs burned on a hot iron that was sitting on the floor. I remember the intense shock. I have iron shaped scars on both lower legs to remind me. I remember the scramble to treat my burns with that netting with grease on. I forget what it’s called.

The ‘rooms’ were my parents first home in a large house. I was about eighteen months old. I remember looking at our next home (more rooms in a two family shared house). My brother was a little baby and he’s 2 years younger than me so I must have been 2. I remember lots from our time in this house. I remember our move to the house next to our nanna and grandad when I was 4. This was an adventure and a remember carrying my little toddler brother (the younger of my two) when I must have been 4 or 5. I have realised that it’s significant things that are more clearly remembered.

A funny memory is when my 2 uncles wanted to go down to the market to get a Christmas turkey. They decided that they needed to take a pram as the turkey would be to heavy to carry up steep hills back home. I was older than pram age, maybe 3 but they sat me in the pram as an excuse for using it. I remember the turkey at my feet in this coach built pram. I remember my nan plucking this turkey and she gave me and my sister the feet. When we pulled the long sinews the claws contracted which we were fascinated by. I have lots more early memories. This is fab’ Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 9 April 2021, 11:57.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I was two and sat on the counter of a fish and chip shop. It was a cold night and I remember how nice my warm bum felt. Plus I have always loved chips. 😁

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    It may come as a surprise but I remember getting new shoes ... bright red , I can smell the leather now ! 👞 🩰 👠 👟
    Also going to Elland Road to watch Leeds with my Dad, from being very young and getting fish and chips on the way home.Until lockdown I had a wheelchair place there. X
    I used to drive past Elland Road every day for 18 months then once a month for about 15 years on my way to work in Leeds city centre.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    I remember sitting on the bus and smoking candy cigarettes.
    So you’ve always been a rebel then 😁

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Damn🙈

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowler View Post
    In fact I really knew I was for it if it was Philip John
    Thanks for that, noted 😉 x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    That reminds me - I used to like putting an earthworm in my mouth and feel it wriggle 🤣🤣 I never ate them...
    Noooooo ! 😲x

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Hmm, didn't think of that. It'll be on t'interweb forever... Of course it's all Philip's fault - he encouraged us to bare all and just vanished 😏
    That’s just brought another memory back because my mother was the only one to call Philip but only when I wasn’t my usually saintly self 😇 In fact I really knew I was for it if it was Philip John 🙈

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Barry being caught by your hair must have hurt but it really made me laugh. 😘
    I blame this for my bald head

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    That Phil's good at doing that.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Barry being caught by your hair must have hurt but it really made me laugh. 😘

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Do you think we were wise telling everyone?
    Hmm, didn't think of that. It'll be on t'interweb forever... Of course it's all Philip's fault - he encouraged us to bare all and just vanished 😏

Leave a comment:

Working...
X