X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiz Week 19

A bit of pot luck this week

1. With which town is Brighton joined to make an official city name

2. What was Archimedes’ famous cry of discovery. Hint it wasn’t ouch !

3. Which band had a hit in 1982 with Save a Prayer

4. Of which country is Damascus the capital

5. Which engineer built the Great Western Railway

6. What is a young lion called

7. Who played Gordon Gekko in the Wall Street films

8. Of which English county is Chelmsford the county town

9. Which figure of Greek myth flew too close to the sun

10. Which misnamed war lasted from 1337 until 1453

11. which disorder is marked by difficulty in recognising written words

12. What is the principal ingredient of chow mein

13. Lex Luthor is the enemy of which comic-book hero

14. What is the capital of the US state of Georgia

15. Who composed the 1812 Overture

16. What term is given to two under par for a hole in golf

17. Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal starred in which 2004 disaster film

18. What is the name of the slender tower on a mosque

19. Which is the largest continent.

20. What is the name of the dog in Peter Pan.

Answers on Friday

so far 13 but if richard gets more then i might reconsider.

Comment

18 for me 👍 I had a fall yesterday must of woke my brain up 🤯🤩
      Janette x

Comment

hi jeanette. perhaps i should try that. hope you are ok
        xxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post
          18 for me 👍 I had a fall yesterday must of woke my brain up 🤯🤩
          Oh no. Bet it’s shaken you a bit. Hope no serious damage done.

Comment

I’m twinned with Jeanette on 18 and I didn’t have a fall. I hope you are not badly injured x.
            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

I’m ok folks just a bit achy oh and broke my nails trying to hold on to my table 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thanks everyone xx 😘
              Janette x

Comment

hi jeanette
                breaking your nails thats a real disaster. though the look men give you when you complain - they just dont understand.

i put a red hair colour on my blonde/grey hair before christmas. ok so now its growing out and i have no idea what to do with it. another disaster. i know i could wear a had but..........

Comment

I know I’m devastated I’ve only had nails since MND I can’t bite them anymore 🤣 I’ve given up on the colouring x
                  Janette x

Comment

i think i will stick to grey sort of blond but i dont know how im going to get there. i got my dog grooming shaver out and was contemplating cutting the lot off. then i talked myself out of it. but then im thinking what the hell it will all grow back.

Comment

That’s how I did it, didn’t shave it all off but did it really short and my hair grows really quick x
                      Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                        i got my dog grooming shaver out and was contemplating cutting the lot off.
                        That's exactly what I did, Denise! Shaved the whole lot off with the dog's clippers and it felt fab-u-lous Dahling 👨‍🦲
                        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Sorry about your fall, Janette. Hope you're not too sore...

My carers have been trying to get me to agree to them putting gel nails on me - so far I haven't capitulated!! They do file my nails and put on nail varnish though, in some wild colours and with seasonal stickers 🤩 It lasts for ages due to my hands not working 😄 xx
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

i keep looking at my clippers. they are sitting on the stairs. i might just have to do it. thing is i have no one to tidy it up if it goes wrong. will i suit punk? its going to be red and a sort of pale brown colour and wisps of grey. oh my.

Comment

So sorry for your fall Janette .. such a horrible feeling ! Sorry about your nails too !

Go for gel nails Ellie and the clippers Denise ! My hair lady is coming to the house tomorrow. She is so lovely and Stuart has got expert at washing bleach off as he knows how to position me in the wetroom. ( it took him a while of him shouting.. is it meant to be blue ?) Can't wait as my roots look like a blackbird has landed on my head !

She cuts his hair too and does my gel nails.. going to go for each one in a whacky colour !

Sorry Phil... got sidetracked. We think 18 x

Comment

Working...
                              X