X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowler View Post

Absolutely no problem. It’s a really entertaining chat. Just one question. These acrylic nails do they get glued on top of your own nails 🤷‍♂️
    No Phil it’s a gel which is then cured under a uv lamp x why you want yours done? X

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowler View Post

Absolutely no problem. It’s a really entertaining chat. Just one question. These acrylic nails do they get glued on top of your own nails 🤷‍♂️
    So funny 🤣 ! They don't remove your nails ! Gel is just painted on and then dried under a posh light. I think acrylic nails are stuck on top. There's no end to the useless facts I I know ... These could be quiz question x

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    So sorry for your fall Janette .. such a horrible feeling ! Sorry about your nails too !

Go for gel nails Ellie and the clippers Denise ! My hair lady is coming to the house tomorrow. She is so lovely and Stuart has got expert at washing bleach off as he knows how to position me in the wetroom. ( it took him a while of him shouting.. is it meant to be blue ?) Can't wait as my roots look like a blackbird has landed on my head !

She cuts his hair too and does my gel nails.. going to go for each one in a whacky colour !

Sorry Phil... got sidetracked. We think 18 x
    My hair lady came on Saturday shush 🤫 🥴 I might get my nails done soon too x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Is it worth it? Sounds such an effort for nails - so many coats of this and that, the drying gizmo, the time 🙄🙄 I was never a girlie girl, like you didn't guess that a long time ago 😂😂 x
    Its really quick and easy💅 . However, I still like having my hands touched. If someone tried to touch my feet I'd hit the roof ! X

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    So sorry for your fall Janette .. such a horrible feeling ! Sorry about your nails too !

She cuts his hair too and does my gel nails.. going to go for each one in a whacky colour !

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    it took him a while to take it in my hair was very red and very shiny. he said he liked it but preferred blond. like you i am not really girlie but do have the odd moment when a nice frock, a bit of slap and a spray of perfume is quite nice. i did go mad last year and bought yellow and pale blue nail varnish. i felt the blue made me look like a corpse. it gets pretty hot here and have noticed make up doesnt stick too well and by the time i stick on sun glasses and now i guess the mask there isnt much to see. i did train as a beauty therapist but found it all a bit false having all that gunge on my face so if i couldnt do it to me couldn't really inflict it on anyone else. so years later i did dog grooming. so i could do my hair. might look like a poodle but what the hell!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    i really wouldnt mind going pink.
    Pink would be nice coming into the summer time.

And.... how long would it take Stephen to notice, if at all 🤣🤣🤣

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Go for gel nails Ellie
    Is it worth it? Sounds such an effort for nails - so many coats of this and that, the drying gizmo, the time 🙄🙄 I was never a girlie girl, like you didn't guess that a long time ago 😂😂 x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    i really wouldnt mind going pink. then do my nails. i could look wonderful. make a change i feel like a bag lady.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied

Go for gel nails Ellie and the clippers Denise ! My hair lady is coming to the house tomorrow. She is so lovely and Stuart has got expert at washing bleach off as he knows how to position me in the wetroom. ( it took him a while of him shouting.. is it meant to be blue ?) Can't wait as my roots look like a blackbird has landed on my head !

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    i keep looking at my clippers. they are sitting on the stairs. i might just have to do it. thing is i have no one to tidy it up if it goes wrong. will i suit punk? its going to be red and a sort of pale brown colour and wisps of grey. oh my.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Sorry about your fall, Janette. Hope you're not too sore...

My carers have been trying to get me to agree to them putting gel nails on me - so far I haven't capitulated!! They do file my nails and put on nail varnish though, in some wild colours and with seasonal stickers 🤩 It lasts for ages due to my hands not working 😄 xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    i got my dog grooming shaver out and was contemplating cutting the lot off.
    That's exactly what I did, Denise! Shaved the whole lot off with the dog's clippers and it felt fab-u-lous Dahling 👨‍🦲

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    That’s how I did it, didn’t shave it all off but did it really short and my hair grows really quick x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    i think i will stick to grey sort of blond but i dont know how im going to get there. i got my dog grooming shaver out and was contemplating cutting the lot off. then i talked myself out of it. but then im thinking what the hell it will all grow back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X