Just respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just respond

If like me you sit all day with half an ear open for notifications and none occur it leads to a very dark place. You can provide a light. Just say anything. Please.

Oh Matthew.. I wish I had magic words to brighten your morning . Sending you big hugs and thoughts.
    Love Debbie x

Comment

All I can say is glad you are still with us.
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hello anything please coming from me.

lots of love and hugs Denise xxx

Comment

17 views 3 responses. Case proved m'lud.😁

Comment

I was watching on old Will Hay film and reading about 'The Right To Try Law' signed off by - of all people, Donald Trump

Comment

Well I've just given my husband a shower and shave. Was going to cut his toe nails. Can find my goggles, hard hat, knee protectors but can't find my stab vests so will put it off for a few days. 😄

Comment

Matthew, have you thought about contacting your nearest mnd branch to explain your circumstances. They will probably have come across similar situations.

Do they run on line support group sessions you could join. I think you use technology to speak for you so I’m sure they will work out something with you.

It could be there is someone else in the branch that would welcome having a typed chat because they too are lonely.

I’m joining my branch monthly session today. They have a guest speaker each month. I tend to just listen and learn.

Comment

Hi Mathew, my jar for sprouting alfalfa arrived about an hour ago (didn’t have a big jar in the flat) so we’ll start sprouting today if my reluctant husband Steve gets his act together. I’m looking forward to alfalfa sprouts in my diet again as it’ll give me some energy and a clear head. That’d be if it works in the same way for me as it did in the distant past.

I hope that you’ve had some good news today about carers. Please keep us up to date about this journey. Love and hugs, 🤗, Lynne x
                  Last edited by Lynne K; 4 May 2021, 15:07.
                  ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Bowler, good idea.I take part in Warwickshire support group and find it a great help
                    Best wishes
                    Mary

Comment

OK, obviously lonliness is making a dire situation almost untenable for you Matthew, so if you can have even one visit per week by an Association Visitor (AV), which your local MNDA branch can organise, coupled with visits from mental health workers (you say you were offered in hospital) would provide some real life, human interaction, which you yearn.

I know it is not the ideal version of a social life but sometimes we all need to bite the bullet and go outside our comfort zones. You need more than a few nods and winks from Forum members and I don't in anyway underestimate their importance. Having carers come in is great company too, that they might wash your bits is incidental.

Self-sabbotage is an easy trap to fall into - I know this from personal experience - you have reached out for help Matthew, please accept what help is available, and I mean real human to human help to complement your forum use.

Love El xx.
                      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Why is it that you criticize my posts? I thought you were my friend

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                          Why is it that you criticize my posts? I thought you were my friend
                          OK, spit it out, what have I done? What have I criticised?
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Being invisible makes interaction impossible at best. As for spitting I wish!

Comment

Ellie is trying to help you not criticise you. You need interaction with real people. Face to face. Give it a go you can always change your mind.

Love Denise 😘

Comment

Working...
                              X