Dreamsl or hopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamsl or hopes?

The last two nights my dreams have involved hospital wards and nurses attempting to kill one another. After my recent experiences I have to wonder what my subconscious is trying to tell me? ๐Ÿ˜‚x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Mmm, strange, Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Very interesting ... Perhaps you need to talk to my colleague Sigmund

Comment

Maybe they were fighting over you Matthew x

Comment

Which one would give the lethal dose ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

I had a nightmare last night, whereas I never usually remember my dreams at all, let alone nightmares. I was thinking I might have read somewhere that this can be a symptom of lungs weakening and struggling to breathe at night??? x
            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Heather R Yes, it can be if it happens regularly, but it can be stress related too - you've had quite a traumatic week Heather, so it could be your mind just processing your emotions. Also, if you're taking any pain meds, they might be the culprit.

Keep an eye on it. xx
              โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

It's getting silly now. Last night I actually ingested (ate) a rather plump nurse in dark blue garb. I can spare you the details, as I was; but where are mental health services when you really need them?
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Nooooo that's horrible. One thing though you won't want to each much today.

Comment

That must have been unsettling Mathew.

Iโ€™ve always been able to change whatโ€™s happening in my dreams (the live action๐Ÿ™‚) and a couple of times recently woke myself up when the action in a dream persisted. I kept changing the action but it kept reappearing. Iโ€™d never had bad dreams previously thankfully, Lynne x
                    Last edited by Lynne K; 8 May 2021, 07:26.
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I was just happy to be eating ๐Ÿ˜‚x

Comment

Well, I was curious, so I went and googled (again).

Dream interpretations of killing (you killing, others killing) is supposedly your emotions venting anger/grief/frustration on something - so, the symbolism of nurses is something you want out of your life, something you want to be rid of. Especially if you've had rough or frustrating experiences with medical staff...

So, you aren't going doolally - your frustrations & pent up emotions are coming out harmlessly in your dreams, a safe way of 'venting' frustrations, as it were, which aren't being vented on the people helping you at the time... Like your mind is doing the rummaging through your emotions, before venting them, and putting them out for recycling...

And if its directed at yourself, its that part of you that you are angry/frustrated with, and want rid of...

I am no expert, just curious about these things, so hope that helps. Ok, I will get my coat now....
                        Carer for Dad - MND (ALS) 22/4/21 and Mum Alzheimers 26/5/21.

Girding my loins and grinding my battle axe for them both... https://forum.mndassociation.org/cor...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Working...
                        X