Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    One of the YouTube places I looked at is from US so could be.

not easy finding questions because I kept getting that feeling Phil had been there before 🤔

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    hey everyone id love to argue with you but i got the questions and answers off the internet. i did this quiz as a favour not because i know much about music. so if someone else wants to do it. im ok with that.
    Don't worry, Denise, it wasn't our intention to argue over the answers. It was a good quiz and thanks for spending time putting it together. Just was curious about a couple of the answers, whoever the original quiz setter was may or maybe not be right. It could be for example the Louis Armstrong song was a hit in America before it was here, and likewise the Loco-motion could have been recorded by an artist who didn't have a hit with it over here. Who knows?

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Go on then Richard x

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowler View Post
    15 for me.

Thank you Denise for doing this. A good mix of questions.

Anyone else fancy being Ken Bruce ?
    Just pipped you by one Phil. I volunteer to be quizmaster on Wednesday 26th. I’m away next week.

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    5 for me☹️ But perhaps the quizmaster/mistress will award me quadruple points🤞

Richard

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    hey everyone id love to argue with you but i got the questions and answers off the internet. i did this quiz as a favour not because i know much about music. so if someone else wants to do it. im ok with that.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post
    Good tough quiz, we ended up with 13.

We'd put Twist and Shout for the hit in 3 different decades, because of The Beatles in the 60's (and others), Salt-N-Pepa in the 80's, and Chaka Demus in the early 90's, maybe because The Beatles version wasn't a single it didn't count?

Also put 1968 for Louis Armstrong as it was a hit in February that year as it was in the charts when a family member was born.
    I’d launch an official appeal 😁

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Good tough quiz, we ended up with 13.

We'd put Twist and Shout for the hit in 3 different decades, because of The Beatles in the 60's (and others), Salt-N-Pepa in the 80's, and Chaka Demus in the early 90's, maybe because The Beatles version wasn't a single it didn't count?

Also put 1968 for Louis Armstrong as it was a hit in February that year as it was in the charts when a family member was born.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    15 for me.

Thank you Denise for doing this. A good mix of questions.

Anyone else fancy being Ken Bruce ?

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Wednesday Quiz Answers week 6

1) Take good care of my baby
    2) I only want to be with you
    3) The locomotion
    4) God only knows
    5) Brown eyed girl
    6) 1967
    7) Itchycoo Park.
    8) Bullfrog
    9) Partridge family
    10) Police
    11) Mungo Jerry
    12) Cat Stevens
    13) The Who
    14) David Cassidy
    15) Robert de Niro
    16) U2
    17) Prince
    18) Duran Duran
    19) I want to Break Free
    20) Phil Collins

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Some tough one’s in there. I have had a go at 17. Q11 is driving mad.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Well done everyone. Have to say it was scary putting it altogether. I'm not as organised as I thought and my connection keeps dropping out. 😊

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Assuming I have the correct answers I’m tied with Janette on 16. I’ve spent all day repeating the lyrics of 1,4,5 and 12 and I think I got all but 1.

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    Hey Denise that’s totally unfair. You have turned from a poacher to a gamekeeper. I have got 6.

And I’m sure you have the wrong first word for question 13. Unlucky for some.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    I've had guesses at them all too but I think around 17 or 18. Thank you for organising the quiz this week, Denise x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X