Wednesday June 2nd Lou Gehrig Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday June 2nd Lou Gehrig Day

This Wednesday June 2nd , 2021 will start the first ever Lou Gehrig day (ALS, MND).This will be done every year following.
    Every Major league Baseball stadium across the United States will honor Lou Gehrig and bring awareness to this terrible disease we call ALS . Hopefully MLB can kick start this country and have other sports venues follow in suit. They have the financial resources to make a difference. Hope its done right !!!!

I've previously read about this bloke Russ..............that's years ago init...............pity its taken em so long
    Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Yes I know. From what I read the ALS committee had to lobby very hard and long to bring MLB aboard . Yankee stadium will start there memorial and if I know the Yankees they do everything big .All the other teams across the country will be wearing ALS patches on their uniforms and honoring Lou Gehrig and awareness to this horrible disease.
      I can only hope that Football,basketball, Hockey and soccer all follow. Sports has unlimited financial resources and this could be big.
      Last edited by Russ3465; 30 May 2021, 16:34.

Comment

That’s smashing Russ. Thanks for that info. Sometimes of my relatives were born in the US and still live there (descendants of a Second World War love story). Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Anything the raises awareness of ALS/MND is as welcome as sunshine. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€ xx
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

I'll second that.

Comment

Working...
            X