No announcement yet.

Early Bird Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynne K hoisting and getting use to the procedure can be tricky. I remember many years ago when I was a carer figuring out the loops and everything took some doing....but practice makes perfect๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜˜
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
      keno you'll need a rest now ๐Ÿ˜‰ or more coffee. Have a great day๐Ÿ˜
      Just managed to get socks on with the help of a sock aid.
      Out tonight for a meal with my brother and two friends
      It's all funny

Comment

Heather R Oh my days, what a horrible thing to find ๐Ÿ˜ซ Your poor friend ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Onward we must go, so here's to completion of all the adaptation works and a relaxing Christmas in your bungalow ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
        โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Rosemary6NT Delighted to hear you're finally sleeping better ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Are you happy with the bed and mattress now? xx

โ€‹

Comment

Afternoon all ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

I also love my daily morning โ˜• - if it were to get too difficult to drink, I'd have it through my tube. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by keno View Post

Just managed to get socks on with the help of a sock aid.
              Out tonight for a meal with my brother and two friends
              Socks are problematic...so well done. Have a great evening &take care ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                Lynne K hoisting and getting use to the procedure can be tricky. I remember many years ago when I was a carer figuring out the loops and everything took some doing....but practice makes perfect๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜˜
                Thanks Linda. My OT said that the only hoist that she can suggest in this flat is gantry ones. One in the living room is one in the bedroom. I donโ€™t know why she doesnโ€™t think that ceiling hoists arenโ€™t suitable as thatโ€™d my preferred option. She confirmed that the services would install two ceiling hoists if our flat's ceilings were suitable. I guess that itโ€™s a matter of finding the joists to attach a hoist firmly to. Iโ€™ll ask my OT again, xx
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordan1111 View Post
                  Good morning all xx yes made it to another day. Glad you had a better night Rosemary6NT xx
                  Thanks Gordan xx
                  Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
                    Yay Rosemary ! Hullo everyone. Today is exactly a year since I moved into this bungalow, and hopefully they will finish my adaptations today by completely taking up my bedroom floor and getting it level with the passageway. My friend who was going to sort the mess of insulation in the loft before adaptations but who put it off until now in case the adaptations interfered further, has been up and found that they have squashed the insulation down instead of putting aside, and have left bags of rubbish including drinking bottles of pee! Just because they thought they could get away with it presumably xx
                    What is wrong with people? How can they have any self-respect thinking itโ€™s ok to leave that sort of mess?
                    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Lynne K good luck with your hoisting today

Comment

keno well done and enjoy your evening

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                          Rosemary6NT Delighted to hear you're finally sleeping better ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Are you happy with the bed and mattress now? xx
                          Ellie
                          Getting more used to it now thanks. Xx

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary6NT View Post
                            Lynne K good luck with your hoisting today
                            My OT has emailed the Council OT about getting me ceiling hoists in our front room and my bedroom xx
                            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Lynne K TBH, ceiling hoists sound like a better solution for your place, gantry hoists can be quite intrusive in small rooms. xx

โ€‹

Comment

Yes Ellie thatโ€™s what I told my OT. She said firstly that they wonโ€™t put ceiling hoists if someone lives above us, which they do. If itโ€™s a noise thing then they ought hear the noise that we put up with from those upstairs. Fingers crossed that theyโ€™ll do them.

My OT is also going to contact a social worker to get me a care package assessment. I donโ€™t need much help now but by the time itโ€™s arranged I probably will. Iโ€™m going to take the option of having the budget signed over to me for the flexibility it offers and the chance to get to know and trust the personal assistants xx

Comment

Working...
                                X