• Show
Clear All

Good morning all
    got in from feeding my face at eleven and slept like a top
    It's all funny

Comment

Morning one and all. Friday has come round so quickly😁
      keno sounds like a good time was hadπŸ˜‰
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Lynne K is that a PA you are getting with your own budget? I think that is what they are going to try to arrange for me, I want to be able to get help with whatever `i am having most difficulty with at the time eg help with phone calls, as I can still wash and dress. xx
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Heather R When the care package is approved in the distant future by the feel of it, I'll get that budget assigned to me. Then I’ll have to employ carers, one for during the week and one for weekends. I feel a degree of trepidation about this. I don’t know how to go about it yet. I hope that I receive help and advice. All I know is that a manager will be assigned to deal with the legal employment stuff like insurance stamps.

I’m still showering myself too, but drying myself is the hardest. I’m still dressing mostly myself but getting things over my head is extremely hard. I won’t be able to do that very soon. Xx
          Last edited by Lynne K; 17 December 2021, 13:33.
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Happy Friday peeps 😘😘
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Good morning everyone xx

Comment

Good morning all
                It's all funny

Comment

Morning everyone....it's nearly that time of yearπŸŽ…πŸ€ΆπŸŒ²πŸ˜

Whatever you're doing hope it's a good dayπŸ€—
                  Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I'm going out. New walking boots. Yippee. Morning everyone xxxx
                    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Morning Denise, Linda, Keno and all. Did the usual: up 7.50, shower and dry independently (wow, hard going), dressed mostly independently (the usual help with bras) and now sitting on my RR chair.

I hope that you all have a good day xx
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Morning all xx​​​​​​

Comment

Morning all xx
                          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Gulp... Good afternoon all 😳

Was woken at 4.30am by my kids going out - the girl was dropping the boy to the airport - and was still awake when she returned at 6.20...
                            Thankfully I did sleep for 2hrs after that. 😘😘
                            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Good morning all
                              Coffee then tackle the shower
                              It's all funny

Comment

Keno beat me to it. Thought I'd be the first here.

Still dark. Had coffee. Watching my cats watching anything that moves.
                                😘
                                when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
                                X