No announcement yet.

Early Bird Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people do that to clean out their nasal passages. I don't know how they do it. I feel like I'm drowning. It's not natural to encourage water up my nose. Reminds me of going swimming and having moby dick swim past and struggling to breath. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Gโ€™day allโ€ฆ.granddaughter here so enjoyed having breakfast made for me. Scrambled eggs & a cuppa.
      Also made some fresh smoothiesโ€ฆ.banana + ice cream + coconut oilโ€ฆ.yet to try.

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ˜˜
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

LindaB mind that coconut oil, it oils the system (if you know what I mean) ๐Ÿ˜ I'm sure your lovely granddaughter know her quantities.

Wonderful to be treated like a ๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿ˜˜
        โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Ellie Thatโ€™s something I always dread when washing my hair and rinsing off with head under the shower. Though I have to admire the way the design of the nose and face let the water run past my nose and usually protect the airway. Must be alarming if you canโ€™t control things xx
          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Heather R It woke me up for sure ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
              G'day peeps, and what a day it is ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Almost came a cropper in the shower this morning by inhaling water, then inhaling more as I tried to breathe ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฌ Gave myself a sore nose but it got a good wash out ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
              Oh no Ellie hope youโ€™re ok now ๐Ÿ‘ I almost do that when the carers put shower in my face, Iโ€™m sure they do it on purpose Iโ€™ve started holding a flannel over my face but I wonโ€™t be able to do that much longer ๐Ÿ™„
              Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post
                Oh no Ellie hope youโ€™re ok now ๐Ÿ‘
                Thanks Janette ๐Ÿ˜˜ - I'm kind of used to choking episodes, laryngospasms and being breathless but the added water up the nose and having a 'drink' of shower water at the same time, sure why not ๐Ÿ˜) defintely brought the coughing to a new level ๐Ÿ™„

And I still don't know how it happened ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

โ€‹

Comment

Oh no Ellie . That sounds super scary. Hope youre ok now and you managed to enjoy a little sunshine today xx๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

Comment

Scary though Ellie ๐Ÿฅน I did something similar drinking through a straw ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโค๏ธ My problem is my nose x
                    Janette x

Comment

Morning everyone. Lots of thunder and lightning last night.
                      ๐Ÿ˜˜
                      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Morning, seems like a cooler day today. Im cream crackered today and still in bed. I get quite tired even when I do just normal things.

Comment

Morning one & all.

Have the safest day possibleโ€ฆ.no falllsโ€ฆ.shower drama or choking fits๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Letโ€™s have the best Sunday we can๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿฅฐ
                          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

keno

Hope youโ€™re home after your respite stay๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜˜

Comment

Rosemary6NT Hope youโ€™re okโ€ฆ.havenโ€™t seen you wordle for a while๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ˜˜

Comment

Have a good day everyone. Rained overnight thank goodness for the garden xx
                                Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Working...
                                X