Early Bird Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabbycat lucky you! 🀣

I hope they fix it. I'd really have a problem getting Stephen off his chair if it didn't work. Bad enough if he sits on an ordinary chair, he can just about push himself up if I pull him. One day hes going to be stuck on the loo or a chair.

Thats it I'm not letting him extend the foot rest just incase. Would be another job for international rescue.

😳
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Chair fixed, such a good service I rang at 10 this morning and it was fixed by 1pm.

I am now reclining. haven't dared to used the foot rest! I'll wait til husband is back from work at 2.40pm, just in case πŸ˜€

International rescue can stand down, for now πŸ˜‚
      Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Tabbycat what great service on a hot day. We are supposed to reach 40 today, I think without air conditioning I would have already moved on xx
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Afternoon folks 😘😘

Operation Unpack now complete.

I'm back with the squawking buzzards and crowing pheasants but I wouldn't have it any other way 😏
          Last edited by Ellie; 19 July 2022, 17:13.
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I can imagine what they are thinking knowing you have returned. 🀣
            πŸ¦‰πŸ¦œ

Comment

Morning, lovely cool breeze blowing through the house this morning.

Temperature was 31 degrees inside the house yesterday then the boiler sprang a leak, produced an error code and started blasting out heat through the radiators. Then no hot water, so showers were a no no, (too cold even for a cold shower) so boiling kettles and a bucket for "showers" before bed. Of all the days!!!!!

Plumber coming at 8 this morning to sort.

Definitely cooler today thank goodness.
              Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicates with eye gaze.

Respiratory function - COΒ² Up

No speech but sense of humour still fully intact.

Comment

Lovely cool breeze here too. You obviously have a boiler with a sense of humour that must have been dreadful. Let's hope it gets fixed and its nothing major.

Comment

Morning all.
                  Just popped in for my usual morning liaison with denise ❀
                  We appear to have a thing
                  Hi, I'm Eddie.
                  Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                  Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

WheelsOfSteel I agree. Its wonderful to have a thing πŸ’–

Comment

Afternoon folks 😘😘

I'm looking forward to sleeping under a proper blanket tonight 😏

MMG Hope the plumber arrived and was legit πŸ€­πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

​

Comment

Confessions of a plumberπŸ˜…

Alas, am Covid positive but other than tiredness and a mild tickly cough, don't feel too bad at allπŸ™‚ Hubby already a lot brighter after 3-4 days.

Comment

Olivia H πŸ‘πŸ€ž x
                          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Olivia H Oh no!! Not you too!!!??! Ugh, I hate COVID! I’m still on the mend, headaches and tired with a tickly throat. It’s been 6 days.
                            Popsicles have been my saving grace!

Comment

Olivia H 🀞🀞 that you'll get off as 'lightly' as your hubby. Take it easy xx

​

Comment

Morning all, not sure why I'm awake so early but I am sat by the open back door, watching the cats leaping about in the long grass/straw and enjoying the cool breeze, it's lovely 😻
                                Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Working...
                                X