Early Bird Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Just to clarify Eddie: nobody will feel your neck/throat during this swallow 'assessment', it's visual only?? xx
    It didn't strike me as the best way to do an assessment. My appointment was originally to go to the hospital, but they phoned me and changed it to a zoom call.
    Hi, I'm Eddie.
    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
    Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Great idea Ellie feed them to the fish. Makes us sound like gangsters. Concrete boots as well. 🀣
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

denise I guess you could use the Welland Canal to get past Niagara Falls. It’s a less scenic route, but I guess that doesn’t matter on a submarine. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

WheelsOfSteel I had to do a zoom call to talk to the RT about breathing issues as my transportation fell through. I can’t imagine a swallowing assessment going any better. Good luck with it.
        Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
          It didn't strike me as the best way to do an assessment.
          IMHO, a swallowing assessment needs to be hands on (in-person) - if you have any swallowing issues Eddie, I'd def ask for a proper assessment, watching you eat various foods is too subjective.

This 'Covid excuse' for video calls is wearing thin - they're suiting themselves, me thinks... xx
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Morning chicklets. A windy, dull morning here. Cats are all asleep. Flea treatment done so I'm not there favourite person.

Imagine a submarine going along a canal 🀣

Would like to know what they would do if someone couldn't participate in a zoomy because they didn't have the technology. They would have to see them in person. Gosh how scary that would be. πŸ€”

Comment

Morning team xx
              Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

Late good morning from me. X
                Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

And an even later Good 'Morning' from me 😘😘

I wonder if the submarine will surface carrying several πŸ›’πŸ›’πŸ›’ - or do North American canals not serve as urban tips? πŸ˜‰

​

Comment

I can imagine things being rural and nicer in Canada. I might be wrong? Need to get the sub out for a run and find out.

Morning everyone xxx

Comment

Morning Munchkins!
                      I'm delighted to report I am back on form after yesterday's blip.
                      Wishing you all the best day possible whatever our circumstances. ❀️
                      Hi, I'm Eddie.
                      Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                      Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Morning everyone, cool one here x
                        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Greetings Earthlings 😘😘

Good to hear you're back on form WheelsOfSteel πŸ‘πŸ‘

​

Comment

A late early bird here. We watched the football last night. 4.0 a really great match. 😊

Comment

Absolutely denise fingers crossed we can go all the way….Elsie: this is a football thing so will explain later πŸ‘πŸ˜˜
                              Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

I'm as far from an early bird as you can get so never post on here but have a little nose at all the banter which makes me laugh.

Looked this morning and no post, my first thought was I wonder what Denise has been up to as she's normally up with the birds!

We watched the football too, it was a really good game

Comment

Working...
                                X