No announcement yet.

Early Bird Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ellie hope u had a nice time with visitors. Hot for travelling home so hope they don't have too far to go. Don't envy the motorway traffic tomorrow for all the holiday change overs. Cornwall turns into a massive car park on roads on Saturdays! X
    Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

I had a lovely time Zante , thanks. They're back to the madness of London tonight, so really enjoyed chillin in the hammocks in the garden, listening to birdsong 😊

Originally posted by Zante View Post
      Cornwall turns into a massive car park on roads on Saturdays!
      I can just imagine, probaly lots of caravans too 😬

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie it's a totally different world for them from London! Glad to read u all had a lovely time. I've only been to London once before and just remember walking around like a tourist.! Xx

Comment

Morning everyone. Bit hot last night. George has been digging in some ashes I presume someones bbq. He has grey feet and a grey patch on his head. No doubt after a roll around on the carpet he will be nice and clean πŸ™„
          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
            Morning everyone. Bit hot last night. George has been digging in some ashes I presume someones bbq. He has grey feet and a grey patch on his head. No doubt after a roll around on the carpet he will be nice and clean πŸ™„
            That’s how George shows that he loves you! Or thinks you’re the staffβ€¦πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‰

Happy Saturday to everyone!

Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

Good evening folks 😘😘

So... I was watching Saturday Kitchen whilst sipping my coffee this morning and almost came a cropper choking on a mouthful of coffee which turned into a noseful of coffee before becoming a throatful of coffee: laughing lots is not advisable when I'm eating or drinking 😬

IDK if anyone saw it but it was particularly lively and very funny today with James Acaster.

Having recovered, I spent a couple of hours sunning myself on the patio. There I was, minding my own business and contemplating life as you do, when I sensed a presence beside me. Gingerly, I opened my eyes and turned my head only to see a heron stood right beside me, cool as a cucumber, eyeing up an early fish supper.

I deduced that I must have resembled a Buddha statue sat by the pond and of no threat to him. Aha I thought, I'll show him, I'll stamp my foot on the footplate which shows just how much today's Wordle scrambled my brain because A) I haven't been able to stamp my foot for years and B) it was a socks off day so no foot stamp noise would have happened anyway.

Undeterred and forgetting that my wheelchair was in a tilt-in-space position, I moved my 'good leg', only for it to completely miss the footplate and was now swinging like a pendulum.

The heron merely looked at me with an 'is that the best you've got' expression, before calmly taking his leave.

I just watched Grease again, RIP Olivia Newton John.

​

Comment

Ellie good evening to you too although it's almost goodnight from me! I rise at 6am so tend to go bed early! We have a heron here too. It hovers over our pond even though the only residents are frogs! Absolutely massive and they always remind me of something out of jurassic Park?! I am embarrassed to admit I have never watched day time tv unless Olympics with time difference πŸ˜… growing up we weren't allowed to watch TV in daytime so we played outside all day and now I have kind of stuck to that ... less play these days. I think as I become less mobile and so less busy outdoors then I might treat myself to some daytime TV and will find a host of "new" programs to entertain me for ages ! πŸ˜€ finding it hard to cool down again tonight. The novelty of summer sun wore off quite a few days ago for me xx

Comment

Ellie well you certainly had an exciting day. I was expecting you to fall in the pond and really be a fish supper.

I haven't had the TV on. It used to be on all day. It's very peaceful. I've been doing nothing but contemplating doing the ironing, hoovering anything. That's as far as it got. It's too hot.

Im very hot. Its cooler outside and my cats have finally eaten and gone out. Gone to terrorise someone's bbq no doubt. Just went to shout for Stephen to come in. I forgot hes not here.

As I don't have to encourage Stephen to eat I'm now eating good sensible salads. And I didn't order any cakes. I'm in the process of sending a frock back because it's a tad small and thinking keep it because one day it might fit!! Oh yeah done that before 🀣

Comment

denise it's definitely cooler outside than in isn't it. Keep the frock me thinks!! Hope u r managing as much as possible. Because of needing beds am sure they will manage to find Stephen a decent home from hospital compared to before he was admitted. Xx

Comment

Zante I've been sitting outside and now I've come inside it's like an oven. Fireworks next week, it will probably rain.

I hope they find something soon. Nice to see him settled. I've ordered a radio and earphones which they might not appreciate if he starts singing. I'm thinking it will be an incentive to find him a home 🀣

Comment

denise At least George won't leave you a present of a heron, unless he's really a πŸ…

​

Comment

Unusual for a heron to come so close. You are quite privileged. Size of that beak you could lose a few toes.

Dont think George has ever brought me anything I think its milly that brings headless mice. Not that I think she specifically looks for headless mice its how they end up.

Im feeling rather hot. πŸ₯΅

Comment

Morning again. Still feels hot inside. 🌝πŸ₯΅

Comment

Morning all....seems to be hotter than ever at night! Went to a family wedding yesterday, beautiful church and grounds....but way too hot for all the group photos outside! For once everyone was envious of me for at least being able to sit down in my wheelchair for all the photos!!
                              Last edited by Olivia H; 14 August 2022, 07:42.

Comment

Ellie an amazing experience with nature! A sort of affinity....when we see birds of prey swoop down to catch something which is then a helpless observer to its fate!

Comment

Working...
                                X