No announcement yet.

Early Bird Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I should replace the batteries but I'm not sure about getting the cover off. I usually break things so I will leave it until someone else who doesn't mind standing on chairs turns up. ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Oh denise - the post above is the first at the top of a new page in my browser, so I had no idea of the context.
      Definitely gave me a moment.
      Hi, I'm Eddie.
      Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
      Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

WheelsOfSteel oh yes. I could have been upto allsorts. The mind boggles ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜„โ˜บ๏ธ

Comment

Morning everyone. A peaceful night last night. No fire alarms, no seagulls and no cats fighting.

Misty here. Still no rain but very dull. What happened to all those storms that have been forecast? I might live to regret that question ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Comment

I remember my smoke alarm going off at night and wouldnโ€™t stop. In desperation I took it down to the river to throw it in, but there were people there who I thought could call the police if seeing me chuck something in, so abandoned it in the Peak District! I am sure there are a lot simpler solutions, but in the heat of such situations my brain doesnโ€™t work well, so I sympathise Denise x
            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

I know I've tested mine, like we are supposed to do weekly. Only to find I cant turn it off or get it apart to take out the batteries and ended up ripping it off the ceiling and breaking it. I think they are definitely alarming but for different reasons. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Comment

I also sympathise as I had a similar incident years ago when my alarm went off at 2am. It was on the ceiling above a small landing at the top of a flight of stairs so out came the ladder at 2am, hoping I didn't end up at the bottom of the stairs!

The bit I needed to get to had helpfully been put at the front, over the stairs! I broke it levering it out and it carried on even after I took the battery out!? I ended up wrapping it in a towel and putting it in a cupboard as far away as I could in the hope that I could get back to sleep. I think there's a friend's episode with Monica experiencing similar issues.

Comment

Good afternoon honeybunnies ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

After a fab night's sleep, I woke up to rain, which is most welcome! Looking forward to the grass greening up again.
                  โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Hi everyone x
                    Foxes Never Quit ๐Ÿ’™

Comment

Good evening (still afternoon here) I can sympathize with things alarming in the night. Last week, Mark plugged my power chair in early. The charger starts beeping after 12 hours, so woke me up before 6. Mark is slightly deaf and a sound sleeper so I had to listen to the beeping until he finally woke up at 8.

Yesterday, his glucose monitor decided to wake me at 5:30 to announce that he was a bit low. Fortunately I could reach it to shut it upโ€ฆof course Mark managed to sleep right through till 8. The monitor will now reside at his bedside where I wonโ€™t be able to hear it.
                      Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

Maria C I empathise completely - my life is full of irritating alarms, unheard by the sleeping man...
                        โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

My alarm started again this morning so here I am on a very wet Sunday morning, the storm turned up, having a cuppa tea. ๐Ÿ™„

Comment

denise oh no! Any helpful neighbours? X
                            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

No. Theyve not even asked how Stephen is!

Comment

Afternoon everyone ๐Ÿ˜˜
                                Foxes Never Quit ๐Ÿ’™

Comment

Working...
                                X