No announcement yet.

Early Bird Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well theres a thing. Claireflo. I was talking to a man on the ward yesterday and I asked where he came from and we both said we came from Sunderland. Coincidences are wonderful.
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I suppose I'd better say a yo-ho-ho everyone today 😘😘

Boring day for me today; any ideas how to liven it up? xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

My day is pretty boring. Most exciting thing I did was to print of a label for posting and unblock the vaccum cleaner. 😐

Comment

JamesW mentioned Liverpool - which is where I came home via today, after my Walton Centre Orthotics appointment (early bird club start to get there).
          Pie & Pint- almost by the seaside, with the Albert Dock less than half a mile away...
          2020: odd symptoms. Nov 2021: Hand atrophy.. Mar 2022: Second arm atrophy - Confirmed Apr 2022: MND.
          Also Crohn's Disease from 2005ish. (Hi, I'm Dan in Cheshire)...

Comment

Morning chicks. I'm having fruity pancakes and tea. Weather looks dull and cool. Apparently masks back on at derriford because covid is back. 😩

Comment

WheelsOfSteel what is this rubbish about Bristol Admiral Benbow. It should be proper Cornish
              One of the oldest drinking houses in Penzance, The Admiral Benbow has been around since the 17th Century. Legend has it Robert Louis Stevenson visited Penzance in 1880 afer travelling in America. He had formulated an idea for a book he wanted to call Treasure Island but had yet to settle on the starting point for the story. A visit to the Benbow, which was at that time an illegal drinking den and home to numerous smugglers, is said to have inspired him further and as a nod to the pub, he included the name in his story, Treasure Island which first appeared in 1881. The pub has been popular with more recent folk, playing host to many famous visitors, including Gregory Peck, the Rolling Stones and recently, celebrity chef Rick Stein who filmed a segment for his TV series on Cornwall here.
              Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
                WheelsOfSteel what is this rubbish about Bristol Admiral Benbow. It should be proper Cornish
                I absolutely agree Heather R
                I believe I visited the Admiral Benbow when a bunch of us used to rent a holiday house in Cadgwith Cove and tour around Cornwall (35 years ago!)
                The comment about the Bristol setting is a quote from the Wiki article about the films.
                I was answering the question about why pirates are often portrayed with South West accents. Once they had been played like that in popular family films - it kinda stuck.
                Long live Kernow - the white cross on the black flag!
                Hi, I'm Eddie.
                Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Been to the admiral benbow many times.

Do you think accent wise that a lot of the villagers no matter where they come from sound similar weather its Devon, Suffolk, Somerset or Hertfordshire providing they haven't mixed with outsiders.

The weather is dreadful here. I've just got back in time.

Comment

Good evening you Lovely Loonies 😘😘

Well, after 4 hours of heavy rain here this morning, if anyone mentions the word drought, they're πŸ€₯

​

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
                      WheelsOfSteel what is this rubbish about Bristol Admiral Benbow. It should be proper Cornish.
                      You tell him, girl 🀜 😁😁

I always associate pirates with Cornwall. xx

​

Comment

Plenty of rain and wind here. I just manage to save my plants, early evening, and a chair from blowing off my balcony. It's very still this morning. Not sure what's in store for us today.

I felt terrible yesterday couldn't quite figure out when to leave the hospital to avoid the rain. Waited with my umbrella up and it bucketed my brolly blew inside out and finally the taxi turned up and even though I shook my brolly when I got inside i must have appeared like something off a water chute.

😐

Comment

Good afternoon 😘😘 Not that I watch it, but Strictly πŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί season reminds me of my gorgeous forum sister, Linda.​

Nice 🌞🌞🌞, if breezy day here today, which is good as we had enough rain yesterday πŸ™„

​

Comment

Yes Linda and Matthew left big gaps in the forum for me x
                            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Morning ducklings. Very wet this morning even the seagulls are missing. My cats are bored. Milly is sitting on the mantelpiece watching TV. George is sitting behind the TV looking wistfully out the window.

Comment

They will soon think up some mischievous entertainment no doubt Denise. Due to be sunny up here x

Comment

Working...
                                X