Tuesday Music Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Music Quiz

hi everyone thought we'd have the music quiz today and the answers on friday
    think thats a possible 27 points

Name the song and the singers

1) Dirty old river, must you keep rolling, flowing into the night, people so busy, makes me feel dizzy.

2) You're everywhere and no where baby, that's what your at, going down a bumpy hillside, in your hippy hat.

3) I used to wake up in the morning, I used to feel so bad, I got sick of having sleepless nights, I went and told my dad.

4) Oh dont it hurt deep inside, To see someone do something to her, Oh don't it pain to see someone cry, how especially if that someone is her.

5) Although the things you've done I wouldn't critizise, I guess you had your way, You see i gotta make you understand, I know it sounds a foolish thing to say.

6) just a castaway, an island lost at sea, oh another lonely day, with no one here but me.

7) Is it a kinda dream, floating out the tide, following the river of death down stream.

8) Heaven loves ya, The clouds part for ya, Nothing stands in your way.

9) You're so hot teasing me, so you're so blue but i cant take a chance on a chick like you so cool when i walked you home, kissed goodnight I said "its love" you said "alright".

10) I know a girl from a lonely street, cold as icecream but still as sweet.

11) Pauline Matthews had her first UK no 1 singing a duet with Reg Dwight. What name is she better known?

12) A Scottish band had hits with Real Gone Kid, Wages Day and Dignity.

13) Which group recorded the music, I'll be there for you, to the TV series Friends?

14) Who sang these lyrics: Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.

15) What year were the Abbey Road studios established? 1931, 1941 or 1951

16) Which year did Shirley Bassey release the theme to the Bond film Goldfinger? 1964, 1965 or 1966

17) Katrina and the Waves won Eurovision in 1993, 1995 or 1997
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Righty ho downloaded it ....................Ill get Albert on it tomorrow!

thanks
    Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Number 2 song got stuck in my head, now i can't think of any others!
      Mum died with MND in 1979 โ€“ My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Got off to a good start then faded in the middle but recovered towards the end. Sounds like the story of my life.
        Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Come on guys. More ruminating required.

๐Ÿ™„

Comment

Got all excited by the first three songs and then went downhill from there. I think we may have 11 correct answers though.
            Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

That will be nil for moi ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜‚
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Oh come on Linda. You have a few days yet. Inspiration might creep up on you.

๐Ÿ˜š

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                  Oh come on Linda. You have a few days yet. Inspiration might creep up on you.

๐Ÿ˜š
                  Highly unlikely but I'll try
                  Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Thanks for the quiz, Denise๐Ÿ‘. I have lyrics spinning around in my head. ๐Ÿ™‰ Is it me or is number 9 not two songs? ๐Ÿค” x

Comment

I'll have a look later after I've unpacked the shopping. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Comment

Oh bless you Denise ! Theres no rush ..unpack your shopping and put your feet up ! X

Comment

9) You're so hot, teasing me
                          So you're blue but I can't take a chance on a chick like you
                          That's something I couldn't do

9a)
                          Yesterday, well it seemed so cool
                          When I walked you home, kissed goodnight
                          I said "it's love" you said "all right"

Comment

Sorry about that everyone.

the cursor on my laptop has a horrible habit of jumping and i type away not knowing that it isnt where i think it is? i sat there for ages thinking there was something not right about 9) but had no idea what it was. well done Deb.
                            no one tell Phil. he never made mistakes like that.

back to unpacking the shopping

Comment

Deb I think you just nominated yourself into setting the next music quiz Debbie, ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

You should go on a music quiz show, your knowledge is amazing!!! xx

Me: LindaB would beat me, even on nul points...
                              โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Working...
                              X