No announcement yet.

Six Nations Rugby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayleigh, It was a good weekend and we had a new telly on Friday with a massive screen. The rugby I felt I was back on field playing again and played to long in the front row so assume that’s why got MND. Last year the England v Ireland was one of my favourite days as The Dubliners legends were on in Brum Symphony Hall. I have Ireland heritage on mums heritage but on dads I am a Brum back to 1608. Looking forward the rest of the games. My favourite rugby this year will be at Worcester Warriors v Exeter on 9th March as my 7yr old grandson playing at halftime. Best wishes John.

Comment

This made me smile this morning too! Thanks for starting it Kayleigh. We have riders on ostriches, camels and elephants...What a team !

I enjoyed the rugby this weekend although I am more of a football fan. I get a wheelchair space to watch my team and hubby goes for free. Only downside is I can't sit with our sons, as we always used to do but we wave and then meet up afterwards. Was too cold for me anyway this weekend.

Lovely to see your grandson playing rugby, John.

Love Debbie

Comment

Hello John,

It's great to hear you have a new very large-screened TV to watch the rugby on! I expect you get a real sense how exciting the atmosphere is at the stadium, especially as the TV has probably got great sound too.

Its very interesting to hear about your family history. It sounds like you have fascinating ancestors, especially as you have been able to trace them back as far as the 1600s.

I expect you are very proud of your grandson. It sounds like he is aleady a very talented ruby player, and at such a young age. Undoubtedly, it will be a very special and memorable occasion for you and your family when you see him play in March - I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hopefully England will have a big win against France on Sunday! There will probably be a great atmosphere at Twickenham with lots of support from England fans, and so it should be a very exciting game. I don't think that England will have any trouble beating France, but we shall just have to wait and see how they perform on the day!

Best wishes,
        Kayleigh x
        Last edited by Kayleigh; 4 February 2019, 23:22.

Comment

Scotland v Ireland: Half time score 10-12 to Ireland. A very exciting first half, and with only 2 points in it, I think it's difficult to call who is going to win!

Comment

Final Score: 13-22 to Ireland. Many congratulations Ireland!
            Good luck Wales, this afternoon! Italy v Wales - Match starts at 16:45, TV coverage is on ITV now.

Comment

Pleased that Ireland won, they seemed to be a better team

Love Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Looks like a fairly packed stadium in Rome. As usual, nice to see some of the Welsh fans are wearing their wonderful daffodil hats.
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 9 February 2019, 18:56.

Comment

Watched both games today and provided we beat France tomorrow I think we should win the trophy. Famous last words.

Barry
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Many congratulations to Wales for their wonderful win against Italy!
                    Final score: 15-26

Good luck England!
                    England v France tomorrow.
                    Coverage on ITV from 2.15pm (match starts at 3pm).

And for fans of the 'The Voice' (or in my case, big fan of Tom Jones who is a judge on The Voice), tonight's episode will be repeated at 12.45 on ITV, before the rugby tomorrow.
                    That's my afternoon of great TV sorted!!

Kayleigh x

... and another one of my favourite TV progs., Dancing on Ice, is on from 6pm (I was looking for an emoji for 'rather tired square eyes', but I couldn't find one LOL!!!)
                    Last edited by Kayleigh; 9 February 2019, 20:41.

Comment

Got a beer and crisps ready and started watching it. I'm 20 mins behind as I am watching a recording.
                      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Terry,

As you are 20 mins behind, I'd better not post about the final score until well after the match has finished - I don't want to ruin it for you!

Hope you enjoy your beer and crisps! I've got a cup of English breakfast tea and some of Mr Kipling's 'french fancies' - I thought they would be particularly appropriate as refresments during today's match!

Beer and crisps sounds good though - I might indulge in some while I am watching Dancing on Ice this evening!

Cheers!
                        Love, Kayleigh x

Comment

Hi Terry - Have you finished watching the rugby match?

Comment

It’s more than an hour since the game finished so apologies to Terry if he is still watching a recording but I can’t contain my joy any longer. Well done England on their magnificent triumph over France.

I’m looking forward to watching the Wales v England game.

Barry

Comment

"England hammered France!", the ITV commentator rightfully exclaimed, after the England v France match at Twickenham yesterday. Final score 44-8. Many congratulations England!

Comment

I was frustrated with ITV’s coverage of the game. The camera team was so busy showing replays that they missed some of the line outs.

BBC always win the day for me.

Barry

Comment

Working...
                                X