X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books audio and e-books

https://www.borrowbox.com

I've used this throughout lock down. Great source of free books. πŸ€“πŸ“–
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

i use youtube.

Comment

Local libraries are getting more into the swing of this now, when I did have time to read I got myself a Kindle and vowed only to use the freebies, some have been good some not so good but in the main ok, boy was I narked when I downloaded one on a train and had to pay Β£1.75.....that killed my pig!
      Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
        i use youtube.
        Oh that's interesting never done thatπŸ‘
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Yes, I listen to an audiobook every morning whilst waiting for my carers to arrive, a lovely, luxurious way to start my day, and all borrowed from my library πŸ‘

My favourite book so far this year is Where the Crawdads Sing, followed by American Dirt.

Has anybody any recommendentations? xx
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Adele Parks was recommended to me as an author. So I've borrowed 2 'Just my Luck' & 'Lies Lies Lies' about to start so not sure yet. Will let you know.
            I like anything by Kathy Reichs 'The Bone Code' is on my list.
            I also have read a lot of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs. I've liked them all for a bit of action.
            I like the Wolf Hall trilogy too...Hilary Mantel
            Most recently read 'Body Language' by AK Turner...which I liked as was a page turner so a quick read.

Ellie American dirt....sounds interesting πŸ‘€πŸ‘

My only issue is audio books make me fall asleep....like being read to as a child I guess....great for anxietyπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’‹

Comment

I loved where the Crawdads sing. .. made me cry !
              I also enjoyed the giver of stars. I usually find Jojo Moyes a little cheesy, although enjoyable but I loved the idea of giving children the gift of reading.
              I enjoy Adele Parks too !

Maybe reading too late at night is stopping me joining the early riser club ! Thanks for starting the thread Linda x

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                I loved where the Crawdads sing. .. made me cry !
                Me too Debbie, which is very unusual for me, I just thought the book was so well written. xx

​

Comment

Debbie @Ellie

I will read that one thanks for recommending. Where the Crawdads Sing will be on my list. πŸ‘

Dare I say we could choose an audio book to all read like a shhhhhhhh bookclub πŸ€” 🀷

That's if there would be enough interest....ppl may be too busy etc etc

​​​​​​Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Suefromwakey View Post
                    Local libraries are getting more into the swing of this now, when I did have time to read I got myself a Kindle and vowed only to use the freebies, some have been good some not so good but in the main ok, boy was I narked when I downloaded one on a train and had to pay Β£1.75.....that killed my pig!
                    "that killed my pig"...never heard that saying beforeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

Well I've created a book club poll πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...πŸ“Š

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                        Dare I say we could choose an audio book to all read like a shhhhhhhh bookclub
                        I'd be up for that Linda πŸ‘ With virtual πŸ·πŸ§ƒπŸ§‰πŸ·πŸΎπŸΈπŸΉπŸΊπŸ₯ƒ of course xx

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                          I'd be up for that Linda πŸ‘ With virtual πŸ·πŸ§ƒπŸ§‰πŸ·πŸΎπŸΈπŸΉπŸΊπŸ₯ƒ of course xx
                          Yes definitely virtual drinkies....and we'd need a name. Isn't that what book clubs do? If we get enough members that is πŸ˜‰

Comment

Working...
                          X