X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    I'd be up for that Linda πŸ‘ With virtual πŸ·πŸ§ƒπŸ§‰πŸ·πŸΎπŸΈπŸΉπŸΊπŸ₯ƒ of course xx
    Yes definitely virtual drinkies....and we'd need a name. Isn't that what book clubs do? If we get enough members that is πŸ˜‰

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    Dare I say we could choose an audio book to all read like a shhhhhhhh bookclub
    I'd be up for that Linda πŸ‘ With virtual πŸ·πŸ§ƒπŸ§‰πŸ·πŸΎπŸΈπŸΉπŸΊπŸ₯ƒ of course xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Well I've created a book club poll πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...πŸ“Š

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Suefromwakey View Post
    Local libraries are getting more into the swing of this now, when I did have time to read I got myself a Kindle and vowed only to use the freebies, some have been good some not so good but in the main ok, boy was I narked when I downloaded one on a train and had to pay Β£1.75.....that killed my pig!
    "that killed my pig"...never heard that saying beforeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    @Ellie

I will read that one thanks for recommending. Where the Crawdads Sing will be on my list. πŸ‘

Dare I say we could choose an audio book to all read like a shhhhhhhh bookclub πŸ€” 🀷

That's if there would be enough interest....ppl may be too busy etc etc

​​​​​​Just a thought

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    I loved where the Crawdads sing. .. made me cry !
    Me too Debbie, which is very unusual for me, I just thought the book was so well written. xx

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    I loved where the Crawdads sing. .. made me cry !
    I also enjoyed the giver of stars. I usually find Jojo Moyes a little cheesy, although enjoyable but I loved the idea of giving children the gift of reading.
    I enjoy Adele Parks too !

Maybe reading too late at night is stopping me joining the early riser club ! Thanks for starting the thread Linda x

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Adele Parks was recommended to me as an author. So I've borrowed 2 'Just my Luck' & 'Lies Lies Lies' about to start so not sure yet. Will let you know.
    I like anything by Kathy Reichs 'The Bone Code' is on my list.
    I also have read a lot of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs. I've liked them all for a bit of action.
    I like the Wolf Hall trilogy too...Hilary Mantel
    Most recently read 'Body Language' by AK Turner...which I liked as was a page turner so a quick read.

Ellie American dirt....sounds interesting πŸ‘€πŸ‘

My only issue is audio books make me fall asleep....like being read to as a child I guess....great for anxietyπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’‹

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Yes, I listen to an audiobook every morning whilst waiting for my carers to arrive, a lovely, luxurious way to start my day, and all borrowed from my library πŸ‘

My favourite book so far this year is Where the Crawdads Sing, followed by American Dirt.

Has anybody any recommendentations? xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    i use youtube.
    Oh that's interesting never done thatπŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Local libraries are getting more into the swing of this now, when I did have time to read I got myself a Kindle and vowed only to use the freebies, some have been good some not so good but in the main ok, boy was I narked when I downloaded one on a train and had to pay Β£1.75.....that killed my pig!

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    i use youtube.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    started a topic Books audio and e-books

Books audio and e-books

Borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks free from your library using the BorrowBox app. Say hello to your future library, wherever you are, whenever you are free.

I've used this throughout lock down. Great source of free books. πŸ€“πŸ“–
Working...
X