X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    I'd be up for that Linda πŸ‘ With virtual πŸ·πŸ§ƒπŸ§‰πŸ·πŸΎπŸΈπŸΉπŸΊπŸ₯ƒ of course xx
    Yes definitely virtual drinkies....and we'd need a name. Isn't that what book clubs do? If we get enough members that is πŸ˜‰

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    Dare I say we could choose an audio book to all read like a shhhhhhhh bookclub
    I'd be up for that Linda πŸ‘ With virtual πŸ·πŸ§ƒπŸ§‰πŸ·πŸΎπŸΈπŸΉπŸΊπŸ₯ƒ of course xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Well I've created a book club poll πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...πŸ“Š

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by Suefromwakey View Post
    Local libraries are getting more into the swing of this now, when I did have time to read I got myself a Kindle and vowed only to use the freebies, some have been good some not so good but in the main ok, boy was I narked when I downloaded one on a train and had to pay Β£1.75.....that killed my pig!
    "that killed my pig"...never heard that saying beforeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Debbie @Ellie

I will read that one thanks for recommending. Where the Crawdads Sing will be on my list. πŸ‘

Dare I say we could choose an audio book to all read like a shhhhhhhh bookclub πŸ€” 🀷

That's if there would be enough interest....ppl may be too busy etc etc

​​​​​​Just a thought

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    I loved where the Crawdads sing. .. made me cry !
    Me too Debbie, which is very unusual for me, I just thought the book was so well written. xx

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    I loved where the Crawdads sing. .. made me cry !
    I also enjoyed the giver of stars. I usually find Jojo Moyes a little cheesy, although enjoyable but I loved the idea of giving children the gift of reading.
    I enjoy Adele Parks too !

Maybe reading too late at night is stopping me joining the early riser club ! Thanks for starting the thread Linda x

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Adele Parks was recommended to me as an author. So I've borrowed 2 'Just my Luck' & 'Lies Lies Lies' about to start so not sure yet. Will let you know.
    I like anything by Kathy Reichs 'The Bone Code' is on my list.
    I also have read a lot of the Jack Reacher books by Lee Childs. I've liked them all for a bit of action.
    I like the Wolf Hall trilogy too...Hilary Mantel
    Most recently read 'Body Language' by AK Turner...which I liked as was a page turner so a quick read.

Ellie American dirt....sounds interesting πŸ‘€πŸ‘

My only issue is audio books make me fall asleep....like being read to as a child I guess....great for anxietyπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’‹

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Yes, I listen to an audiobook every morning whilst waiting for my carers to arrive, a lovely, luxurious way to start my day, and all borrowed from my library πŸ‘

My favourite book so far this year is Where the Crawdads Sing, followed by American Dirt.

Has anybody any recommendentations? xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    i use youtube.
    Oh that's interesting never done thatπŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Local libraries are getting more into the swing of this now, when I did have time to read I got myself a Kindle and vowed only to use the freebies, some have been good some not so good but in the main ok, boy was I narked when I downloaded one on a train and had to pay Β£1.75.....that killed my pig!

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    i use youtube.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    started a topic Books audio and e-books

Books audio and e-books

https://www.borrowbox.com

I've used this throughout lock down. Great source of free books. πŸ€“πŸ“–
Working...
X