Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, which book will I read πŸ€” xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Here to Stay or Away with The Penguins.....Which one shall we read or listen to Deb your wish is our command πŸŽ§πŸ“š
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Please don’t let me turn away from your first choice. I may be ridiculous in shunning your suggestion , I can imagine your crime novels are a gripping read for you, it’s just that I never read them or see them on the screen imagining myself as being too nervy for them! Xx
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
          Here to Stay or Away with The Penguins.....Which one shall we read or listen to Deb your wish is our command πŸŽ§πŸ“š
          Too much responsibility on my narrow shoulders 🀣 I understand that not everyone wants a gritty read when life is gritty enough. , I'm happy to read and chat about both books. Xx 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post

Too much responsibility on my narrow shoulders 🀣 I understand that not everyone wants a gritty read when life is gritty enough. , I'm happy to read and chat about both books. Xx 😊
            Buy one get one free πŸ‘OK I'm in 🍹🍹🍹
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I'm listening to mark Edwards, the retreat. Just to be difficult 😊
              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                I'm listening to mark Edwards, the retreat. Just to be difficult 😊
                I shall say nothing 🀐😘

​

Comment

I’m still on the Hidden Norfolk Murder Mystery Series (by Ian Dalgeith if my memory serves me but I’ll check when I put my iPad on). I finished one last night and bought the next for today but I’ve been watching the Olympics all day today, Lynne x
                  Last edited by Lynne K; 5 August 2021, 17:52.
                  ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Memory failed. The author of my current series is J M DalglieshThese aren’t fast paced like Baldacci and J B Turner but they are enjoyable and have good plots, a bit of humour and a some relationship troubles so ok for now. But I’ll want more fast paced soon. Lynne
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I'm not hearing much of mine. Probably only on 2nd page. Olympics on and him demanding radio drama before bed. My life isn't my own anymore. 😊
                      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

πŸ“š I'm still reading 'Here to Stay' Deb enjoying so far....just getting creepy. πŸ˜‰

Comment

LindaB Deb I finished Here to Stay this morning, enjoyed it - I changed my mind about who the guilty party was several times, made it more exciting!! xx

​

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it.πŸ™‚ Its very easy to read or listen to. All his books are free on kindle unlimited......

I've just been reading Lie with me by Sabrine Durrant ... it has a good twist xx

Comment

I finished 'Here to Stay' today wow so many plot twists at the end....yes Deb youre right was easy to read. I do like the idea I'm reading books I might not have chosen.
                              If it's only
                              @Ellie
                              Deb
                              and me reading this one I claim my cocktail now then 🍹🍸an espresso martini and a cosmopolitan bartender pleaseπŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜˜ with a bowl of olives and packet of dry roast peanuts (all virtual)πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜˜

Shall we sit on the terrace for dwinkies book clubbers sun is still out🌞🌞🌞
                              Last edited by LindaB; 16 August 2021, 22:28.

Comment

🍸an espresso martini
                                Mmmm, now that sounds extremely quaffable (hic!)

Shall we sit on the terrace for dwinkies book clubbers sun is still out🌞🌞🌞
                                I'm here! Cheers 🍸🍸🍸 pass the salt 'n vinegar crisps LindaB you're hogging them again 🀣🀣🀣 😘😘

​

Comment

Working...
                                X