No announcement yet.

Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Ellie it’s a pleasant way of getting to sleep, but it does have its frustrating side! X
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
      Have finished away with the penguins and now trying to find the gaps where I fell asleep! Quite enjoyed it after being a bit unsure at the start. Haven’t read much recently and tend to forget them alarmingly soon, but will think about a future book and have to check for audible x
      Hi Heather would you like to choose a book for THE BOOK IN THE SUN CLUB to read in September? You're next on the list...accessible & free being the only criteria....the rest is up to you? Anything goesπŸ“šπŸ˜‡
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

... now trying to find the gaps where I fell asleep!
        😍😍 I'm the same - sometimes I don't realise I've dozed off until a new character is mentioned and I haven't a clue who they are πŸ˜πŸ™„ xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
          ... did someone recommend?
          I mentioned it before but it's not free unless from the library. Kindle edition is about Β£3.

But yes, it's definiely worth reading, in or outside of the BITSC xx

​

Comment

I'll have a look & a readπŸ˜˜πŸ‘thanks Ellie. BITSC I like itπŸ’‹

Seems it's caused quite a bit of controversy....I'll buy it 😈
            Last edited by LindaB; 23 August 2021, 13:09.
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Linda, can't you borrow the ebook or audiobook version from the library?

​

Comment

I'm a bit confused. Are we reading American dirt next? Looks good x
                Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

I'm a bit confused. Are we reading American dirt next? Looks good x
                  My bad, sorry Heather πŸ˜¬πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I had mentioned it before but chose a different book instead and, at the time, Linda had said it looked good, I wondered if she had gotten around to it..

I have borrowed American Dirt (audiobook) from the library, started it today and I'm gripped! xx

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                    Linda, can't you borrow the ebook or audiobook version from the library?
                    Didn't have it in my library so bought via Kindle. I don't mind as it sounds interesting.

Heather R well your choice this time? I don't mind what we read....that's the joy of It for me...other people's choices.

Comment

So its American dirt for the BITSC 😎πŸ₯‚πŸΈ .. its great to get recommendations.

If I'm brave enough im hoping for some πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ 🌞 soon so downloading πŸ“š ready.

Happy listening and reading!
                      Love Debbie x 😘

Comment

Sounds exciting Deb πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸŒžπŸ˜˜

Comment

Woohoo Deb πŸ›« πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ 🌞 (maybe even some 🍹🍹)

Much deserved break, enjoy 😘

​

Comment

Aw thank you Ellie and Linda, 😊

I'm very nervous because of all the assistance I need on the journey, loos etc but we used to do it before lockdown and nothing ventured and all that...

We are so lucky to have our apartment adapted for me and we have mobility equipment there. I like to think that when I'm not able to travel there other families affected by MND will be able to use it for a holiday.

You're so right Ellie lots of πŸ“š and 🍹

Love Debbie x

Comment

That's great Debbie to have an adapted apartment...perfect for the BITSC πŸ“šπŸΉπŸΈπŸ·....you're bound to feel nervous but will be well worth it😘

Comment

So American Dirt it is for the next BITSC read....πŸ“šπŸŒžπŸΉπŸΈπŸ·πŸ’–

Comment

Working...
                                X