Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

πŸ‘ Great, thanks LindaB xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

matthew55
      @DeeH
      @Heather R
      @PeterPan
      @LynnK

and anyone else who wants to join the Book in The Sun Club πŸ“šπŸŒžπŸΉ
      Its 'American Dirt' πŸ“šπŸΉπŸΉ
      Last edited by LindaB; 24 August 2021, 16:28.
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I've downloaded and started American dirt... its going to be hard to stop reading it I think !πŸ‘

I wouldn't necessarily have chosen this myself so its great to get recommendations.

I love the BITSC ❀🌞πŸ₯‚πŸΉxx

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
          matthew55
          @DeeH
          @Heather R
          @PeterPan
          @LynnK

and anyone else who wants to join the Book in The Sun Club πŸ“šπŸŒžπŸΉ
          Its 'American Dirt' πŸ“šπŸΉπŸΉ
          What’s American Dirt like Linda? Lynne x
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Lynne K I'm only a few pages in however I think it will be a page turner. It caused some controversy in the states as an Oprah book club book. (According to good old google)

Others have read further and so far so good. 😘
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Lynne K I think it's a great read Lynne. xx

​

Comment

Thanks Linda and Ellie x x
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

I bought the paperback version of American Dirt this morning for Β£6. Kindle is my preferred but it was Β£4.99 and for a pound more Steve can read it too if he feels like. It’ll arrive tomorrow from Amazon. Lynne x

Comment

Sounds good Lynne.

Hopefully Steve will read it after you, it's not a girlie book! xx

​

Comment

Can't put this book down...its lovely to be engrossed in a book πŸ™‚

Many years ago I had a boyfriend ( who i later married !) who hid a book I couldn't put down. He wanted me to get ready for some boring works dinner and I couldn't stop reading. Of course there was a stand off as I wanted my book back before I'd get ready.. Don't know how we're still married πŸ˜‚

Happy reading! πŸ“– πŸΈπŸ™‚β˜€οΈ
                      Love Debbie x

Comment

I was having a go. Being shot at in the loo got me. Wow what a start but the YouTube version is rather odd so I gave up.

I am listening to where the crawdads sing. So far brilliant.
                        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Yeah, who needs Oprah or Richard & Judy anyway... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜

​

Comment

Book arrived this afternoon. Eight chapters read and it’s riveting. Lynne x

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
                              Eight chapters read and it’s riveting.
                              Glad you're enjoying it Lynne.

I also found it riveting and spent most of the day out in the sun, headphones on, enthralled - I've finished it πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

​

Comment

Chapter 12 πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ“š

Comment

Working...
                                X