No announcement yet.

Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scariest book I read was Red Dragon...Thomas Harris. Film was creepy too😱
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
      The scariest book I read was Red Dragon...Thomas Harris.
      Ooh, that brings me back! I read that too and remember it as a great read, must reread it.

Thanks LindaB
      xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I thought the film was actually better than Silence of The Lambs 😱
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

It's on Netflix, that's my evening sorted πŸ‘πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Oh will be interested to know what you think of it 🎬🎬🎬😘

Comment

My reading has been disastrous so far this month....I whizzed through Angel Maker (skipping large chunks of text) so cheated a bit.
              A Room Made of Leaves I found difficult to get into as I had the audio version. I still prefer to read.
              I think my mind has been too busy so I look forward to the next chosen book which I will endeavour to read.
              In the meantime I haven't read Richard Osmans' The Thursday Murder Club - so will give that a try. πŸ“šπŸ™„

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                In the meantime I haven't read Richard Osmans' The Thursday Murder Club - so will give that a try.
                I listened to both of those Thursday Club books Linda, his new one isn't long out and readily available through the library/ BorrowBox.

I enjoyed them insofar as they are easy to listen to, don't tax the old brain a lot and I couldn't stop picturing Richard Osman typing away on his PC 😁

Currently I'm plodding through Anna Karenina, but keep getting distracted (notably by Netflix) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                  I listened to both of those Thursday Club books Linda, his new one isn't long out and readily available through the library/ BorrowBox.

I enjoyed them insofar as they are easy to listen to, don't tax the old brain a lot and I couldn't stop picturing Richard Osman typing away on his PC 😁

Currently I'm plodding through Anna Karenina, but keep getting distracted (notably by Netflix) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

That's what I need some easy readingπŸ‘I really like Richard Osman so look forward to the books.
                  Anna Karenina....wow high brow Ellie....πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Comment

I have just finished American Dirt (still trailing behind!) but found it fairly gripping all the way through, which I find a bit exhausting! I gather the book has been quite controversial, and am going to read some reviews! X
                    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Heather R it's a gripping book...I think I read somewhere it was controversial in America in the portrayal of Mexico.

Comment

Heather R I'm glad you enjoyed American Dirt and, by the sound of it, you were riding the trains with the characters...

I don't know if the book has an 'Author's Note' but the audiobook does, and I thought it set the scene, so to speak. xx

​

Comment

No, there was no author note with my audible version, sounds interesting x
                          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

I have recently listened to The Sound of Laughter, Peter Kay’s autobiography and read by him. I found it very good and extremely funny.

Richard
                            Richard

Comment

richard He's next in my library - can't wait to listen to it and so happy that it's read by the man himself! xx

​

Comment

Oh goody I shall look that up as I need something when Stephen goes into hospital for 4 hours and I get to wait.

I've read Anna Kerenina twice. Used to read all the classics when I was in my early 20s. 🧐
                                when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
                                X