X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denise View Post
    I've read Anna Kerenina twice.
    Ooh, get you Professor 😏

It's 38hrs long and I'm only on 7!! Mind you, I've probably played 14hrs but it sends me to sleep, so I have to keep going back trying to find parts I recognise... (Matthew might like it) xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Thanks mate I'll give it a try.πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

i do the falling asleep thing. its terrible because i obviously fall asleep, wake up tune in again and fall asleep so its difficult to find where i got to. sometimes the reader can have a nice soothing voice and 10 minutes in im gone.
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Yes definitely a problem falling to sleep. I have a book waiting for me on Audible, but am currently staying at a place with no internet, and I presume I would need it? I know I have some mobile data but I need that for other things. Oh to be able to get back in my own home! Less than 2weeks to go. Xx
          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
            I have a book waiting for me on Audible, but am currently staying at a place with no internet, and I presume I would need it? I know I have some mobile data but I need that for other things.
            You need internet to download an Audible book to the Audible App on your device Heather, but once it's downloaded and stored on the device, you don't need internet access to play it.

As a guide, a 10hr book is ~140MB and, once you finish it, it can be removed from the device freeing up memory space, but it is back in your 'Library' should you want to listen to it again.

Hope the 2 weeks fly by!

Love Ellie.

​

Comment

Rubbing salt into the wound there mate. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜œxx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                Rubbing salt into the wound there mate.
                πŸ€” No, Heather said she has a data allowance - a full book is about 140MB, so she can decide to download it from her data or maybe if in a cafe with free WiFi.

​

Comment

I sit corrected ☹️

Comment

I sit corrected
                    At least you're comfy on your Tower of Sheepskin πŸ’–

​

Comment

Oh yes and this week it gets higher! πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx

Comment

Oh yes and this week it gets higher!
                        Hopefully not by adding a rotund ex-carer πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‰

​

Comment

Lol. They wouldn't fit on my whole sofa, and it's a three seater! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜œxx

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                            I've read Anna Kerenina twice. Used to read all the classics when I was in my early 20s.
                            Were you high or maybe on LSD??? πŸ₯΄

Oh. My. Days. Who on earth needs to listen to hours on the minutiae of corn farming 😱😱😱 Not I.

I have started listening to Peter Kay, I'll leave Anna Karenina for when I need to sleep 😍😍😘

​

Comment

I just felt for Anna Kerenina. The injustice of a woman in love and how she was treated and her lover suffered no I'll effects. I wanted to go back in time and ..... actually I dont know what but I'd stop her doing what she did.

I was going to buy a book or two from Tesco. 2 for Β£8 so that my 4 hours at the hospital will be enjoyable and they have a m&s foodhall! So anyone got any suggestions. I kept picking them up and putting them down and walked away with nothing.

Drugs! Some chance. Think where I grew up everyone knew everyone else. Our parents all knew each other. No chance. Didn't even take up smoking. 😳 funny enough I shocked more people when they realised I was reading war and peace or vanity fair.
                              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Well we need a new book suggestion for our BITSCπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“š looking at the names of interested readers maybe Lynne K you might like to suggest a read for November?

I'm not sure who has recommended previously....πŸ€”πŸ˜πŸ“šπŸ“š
                                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X