Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denise View Post
    I just felt for Anna Kerenina. The injustice of a woman in love and how she was treated and her lover suffered no I'll effects. I wanted to go back in time and .....
    Yes I get that bit, but why the excruiating narrative about farming, horse racing etc, which adds nothing to the story πŸ€”

Tolstoy must have been paid by the page 😏 he could have said as much in one third of the words. And, at 38 hours long, poor
    Heather R
    Forum Member
    Heather R would have used up her entire monthly data allowance had she downloaded Anna Karenina 😍😍😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
      I'm not sure who has recommended previously....
      Teacher, I did πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Think you're right ellie. Think a lot writers used to go off on one. (Possible a lot are Male 🀭) like the sound of their own voices. 🀣
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Linda, I’ve read well over 200 kindle books in that last 18 months and my head is chock full and mixed up with author’s names but the series the I’m going through now is by Faith Martin. I read 19 of her murder series and now onto a series of 7. I’m onto number three I think called β€˜A Fatal Mistake’ which is good x
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
            ... Faith Martin. I read 19 of her murder series and now onto a series of 7.
            Lynne, are they all stand alone books in the series or are they follow on books? Thanks xx

​

Comment

Yes but the detectives in the 19 were the same and in the 7 series there’s a young pc still not qualified and works with a coroner to solve cases. She’s the first female in her station (this is set in early 60s) and most of the other staff don’t want women, only the sergeant and an old PC look out for her. But she enjoys working with the coroner and learns more with him than in the station. You can read the first one to get the gist but all of the books explain the backgrounds briefly x
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Good to know Lynne, thanks xx

​

Comment

Linda, I’ve read well over 200 kindle books in that last 18 months and my head is chock full and mixed up with author’s names but the series the I’m going through now is by Faith Martin. I read 19 of her murder series and now onto a series of 7. I’m onto number three I think called β€˜A Fatal Mistake’ which is good x
                  Wow that's some reading Lynne. So what's the name of the 1st book by Faith Martin...could this be a suggestion for our November read? 😘
                  Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

In her 7 book series the first is β€˜A Fatal Mistake.’ Only 99p on Amazon kindle version x

Comment

In her 7 book series the first is β€˜A Fatal Mistake.’ Only 99p on Amazon kindle version x
                      Thanks Lynne it's free to read in my Amazon but I'm not sure if there's an audio version? πŸ€”πŸ€—πŸ˜˜
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I know Linda that there’s a free option but they have a limit on how many you can borrow so I prefer to buy so in the future if I feels like I can read them again. I didn’t look if audio versions sorry x

Comment

Faith Martin’s Hilary Green series are great. I read all 19. X
                          Lynne K
                          Forum Member
                          Last edited by Lynne K; 31 October 2021, 12:55.

Comment

In her 7 book series the first is β€˜A Fatal Mistake.’
                            'A Fatal Mistake' is listed as Book 2 in the Ryder and Loveday series, or am I on the wrong series completely πŸ€”

​

Comment

That title Ellie is for different books. I’ll double check thought just in case x

Comment

Ah yes, you’re right Ellie. A Fatal Obsession is the first. Sorry for the confusion x

Comment

Working...
                                X