Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it lovely we have some books to snuggle up withπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ€—πŸ˜˜
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
      Isn't it lovely we have some books to snuggle up with
      Absolutely! Hubby brings in my laptop with my morning meds and I listen for 90ish minutes to my book, toasty in bed ,until carers arrive πŸ‘πŸ‘
      I look foward to it every day. 😘

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Bbc2 today 7:30 'Between the Covers' talking about favourite books and reviewing others - hosted by Sara Cox πŸ“šπŸ“š

On Twitter #BetweenTheCovers
        Last edited by LindaB; 24 November 2021, 20:17.
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Finished The Sentinel today....really enjoyed this Jack Reacher story. The usual rough & tumble action.
          Will start listening to The Foundling tonight for my pre bedtime book.πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ‘πŸ»

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
            Will start listening to The Foundling tonight for my pre bedtime book.
            London's size has increased dramatically since the 1750s - I know we know, but it's strange to hear what was once considered as city limits 😲

Hope you enjoy 😘

​

Comment

I'm enjoying listening to The Foundling Ellie so much so I've also downloaded The Familiars(same author) from my library Borrow Box.

Only issue is I do drift off quite a bit😴so keep having to rewindπŸ€“πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

I do like the narratorsπŸ—£ which makes a huge difference πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‰

Comment

Oh that's good to hear LindaB thanks for the feedback. I might try that other book too. xx

​

Comment

Am probably coming across dense.... how do you get audio books ? !! Is it an app on phone? Do u use borrowbox from library? I think they are free? Or do u pay to rent them out some how? Thanks. Sorry!

Comment

Borrow Box is an app that links to your library membership. So it's all free.
                    Zante πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

https://www.borrowbox.com/

Comment

Thanks Linda. I wondered where you all listened to the audio books from? I used to love reading but am struggling to concentrate. So wanted to give an audio book a go. I have borrowbox on phone from a couple of years ago when used to read but haven't tried a audio one before. I assume they are a narrator reading it or are many people involved doing the conversations?! I will have a look/listen!! Thanks. Xx

Comment

I also use Amazon on my kindle....many books are free. Enjoy looking for audio books let us know if you find any treasuresπŸ“šπŸ“šxx

Comment

Will do thanks. I love Michael Connelly books . Xx

Comment

Originally posted by Zante View Post
                            I assume they are a narrator reading it or are many people involved doing the conversations?!
                            Yes, they're narrated, usually by one person, sometimes by two, occasionally by more. The narrator makes or breaks an audiobook!

Enjoy listening xx

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                              Yes, they're narrated, usually by one person, sometimes by two, occasionally by more. The narrator makes or breaks an audiobook!

Enjoy listening xx
                              I was thinking exactly the same in that a narrator must really make it brilliant or a total flop!! Thanks ever so much. Am going to try one when unwinding in bed to try and sleep. Thanks.

Comment

Between the covers book club on tv discussed 'Sankofa' by Chibundu Onuzo. All rated it very highly.

"Searching through her mother's belongings one day, Anna finds clues about the African father she never knew. His student diaries chronicle his involvement in radical politics in 1970s London. Anna discovers that he eventually became the presidentβ€”some would say dictatorβ€”of a small nation in West Africa. And he is still alive..."

Not sure where its available apart from Amazon 99pπŸ‘

Comment

Working...
                                X