Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    ... "Cloud Cuckoo Land" I've reserved that for March!!
    Did you ever read Cloud Cuckoo Land, Linda?

I'm about 1/3 of the way in and feel like my head's in its own Cloud Cuckoo Land πŸ₯΄πŸ˜΅ 😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie no I haven't read it maybe I won't bother πŸ™„...started listening to Tatooist of Auschwitz..

😘😘
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Ellie and LindaB thanks for posting on this topic. It prompted me to read previous posts

. I find I have enough selection of books using Amazon Prime on my kindle & Borrow Box which is free via your local library. So didn't continue with audible.
        I wasn't aware of Borrow Box and have now signed up with my local library πŸ˜€

Thanks x

Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Tabbycat πŸ‘πŸ‘ Audiobooks and ebooks for free, what's not to like πŸ™‚ For the audiobooks, do listen to the sample first, as the narrator makes or breaks a book.

If you haven't read/listened to Where the Crawdads Sing, it's one for your list (great narration on audiobook) xx

​

Comment

Tabbycat Borrow Box is such a good & FREE resource. I love it. Yes as Ellie said the voice of the narrator makes such a difference in audio books.

​​​​​​​Will be pleased to read any recommendations or suggested readsπŸ“šπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜˜
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Now finished Tatooist of Auschwitz….I found it both harrowing and at times uplifting. Finding love in such horrific circumstances. Well written & well narrated

Comment

Ellie Thanks for the recommendation πŸ₯°πŸ“š

Comment

Now finished Tatooist of Auschwitz….I found it both harrowing and at times uplifting.
                  Yes, it was both of those, well worth reading. xx

​

Comment

Tonight on bbc2 a new series of 'Between the Covers' book reviews. Maybe give us some ideasπŸ’‘ πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ˜˜

Comment

Hi everyone,

So I am a bit of a sucker for a really good crime drama. I recently watched on Netflix The Stranger and Stay Close which were both written by Harlan Coben, I really enjoyed them and decided to listen to some of his other titles.

All I can say is wow, he really is an extremely good writer and has a great way of introducing a character and then delivering a huge right hand blow of a twist as the plot line develops. The plots are so gripping that I’m actually looking forward to going to bed tonight to listen to some more.

Currently listening to Tell No One which had the added bonus of being free on Audible πŸ‘

James
                      Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

Lcfcno1fan I haven't tried many audio books but i too love a good crime drama. Dont know if u have tried any but my favorite author by far is Michael Connelly. I prefer the police procedural type.
                        for TV Beck new series is now all loaded onto BBC iplayer there are 4. And some older ones. Ps am Aston Villa fan but never sure if I should admit to that!! And Plymouth Argyle just to feel loyal! X

Comment

Tonight on bbc2 a new series of 'Between the Covers' book reviews. Maybe give us some ideasπŸ’‘ πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ˜˜
                          It has in the past so 🀞 Thanks LindaB 😘

​

Comment

Originally posted by Zante View Post
                            Lcfcno1fan I haven't tried many audio books but i too love a good crime drama. Dont know if u have tried any but my favorite author by far is Michael Connelly. I prefer the police procedural type.
                            for TV Beck new series is now all loaded onto BBC iplayer there are 4. And some older ones. Ps am Aston Villa fan but never sure if I should admit to that!! And Plymouth Argyle just to feel loyal! X
                            You guys were unlucky last night πŸ˜•

I will give Michael Connelly a try πŸ‘
                            Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

Lcfcno1fan Ooh, I like Harlan Coben too. I prefer his books but liked the TV dramas on BBC, not overly enamoured by the European made ones though, perhaps it's the dubbing πŸ€”

The good thing is that he's written so many there's always one available on BorrowBox (library) I've listened to quite a few.

I know what you mean about being excited about the next 'episode' - I do the bulk of my listening in bed, between my morning meds and the carers' arrival and it's my favourite time of the day.

I on a run of Karin Slaughter books atm (great name for a crime writer!)

Zante Yes, I'm a Michael Connelly fan too. xx

​

Comment

Lcfcno1fan being a villa supporter I am totally used to disappointment!! And the rich clubs will come and buy any decent players we have and so the slide downwards continues the following year!!

Ellie I too have read a lot of Karin Slaughter books. I remember many years ago when I first discovered her thinking the name was so apt! I read something recently about a new spin off series started from Bosch called Bosch Legacy. Think amazon. And I just noticed this evening on itv player they have put on some of the original Prime Suspect drama's with Helen Mirren. Some hours to pass away with! When I read Michael Connelly I don't want the book to end as its normally another 12 months for the next book release! X

Comment

Working...
                                X