Audio Book Club πŸ“–πŸ“–πŸ“–

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    We could do this in alphabetical order...Ellie gets to choose the 1st book?
    Oh dear, I should have suggested "Learn My ABC" - Debbie and Denise got a let off πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I have read near to 200 kindle books on my iPad and a handful of real books since the first lockdown. I’ve never listened to a whole audiobook yet.

I'm quite picky about my books so not sure if reading other people’s suggestions would necessarily suite me. But thanks for the offer. I may dip in sometime or other. Lynne x
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
        I'm quite picky about my books so not sure if reading other people’s suggestions would necessarily suite me.
        That is the nice thing about Book Clubs though, having to read books you wouldn't usually choose yourself. Some of my best reads were 'forced' on me by book clubs, and I have managed to buy some right rubbish reads all by myself too πŸ˜ƒ

When we've all read the chosen book, the differing opinions and comments make it more interesting!

It'd be great if an avid reader such as you, Lynne, were to come on board.

Love Ellie.

​

Comment

I did think me and debs would come before Ellie but I thought let Ellie show us how it's done first. πŸ˜‰πŸΉ

Comment

Read first chapter. Very good
            won't tell you what happens but I do love the reader. She has a lovely voice and appropriate for the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
              Oh dear, I should have suggested "Learn My ABC" - Debbie and Denise got a let off πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 😘
              🀣🀣πŸ₯° I'm looking forward to trying books i maybe wouldnt choose myself. Im reading the promise at the moment and I'm only keeping going because I want to know the ending. .... im resisting the temptation to just read the last bit.

I always intended to join a book club when i left work. Its only taken me 4 years and I can't think of a better one to join. ( better circumstances maybe but not better people ! 😘) x

Comment

Ooops you'll notice a pattern here I jump in full of enthusiasm...get most things wrong I mean who could forget my first quiz lol lol...but I agree I must learn my abc.... Ellie is a good sport though and followed my lead πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So we have a bookπŸ‘ yeahhhhh Pachinko
                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Aww, that's really sweet of you Deb quite humbling really. Right back at you and to the other bibliophiles. πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

I've never been part of a book club before so do we have a timescale?
                    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

So we have a bookπŸ‘ yeahhhhh Pachinko
                      It's over 18hrs in audiobook format, so quite long - how long should we take Linda?
                      Hopefully Matthew can access it and we can catch up on Denise (I'll bet she used to start before the whistle on school sports days 🀣🀣)

​

Comment

Great minds, LindaB Not too long, or we'll forget the story, or maybe that's just me!!

IDK, 2-3 weeks?? xx

​

Comment

Oh yes Matthew hopefully can access a copy. Denise jumped the gun lol lol
                          I'm not sure about how longπŸ€” one hour a day is just under 3 weeks....so maybe check where we all are on 22nd???? (Listen my maths is as good as my quizzing & alphabet skills lol lol )

How does that sound??🀷

Comment

How does that sound??🀷
                            Sounds like a good plan to me xx

​

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me xx
                              Fabulous and it will be a virtual happy hour🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹22nd it is...

Comment

That is the nice thing about Book Clubs though, having to read books you wouldn't usually choose yourself. Some of my best reads were 'forced' on me by book clubs, and I have managed to buy some right rubbish reads all by myself too πŸ˜ƒ

When we've all read the chosen book, the differing opinions and comments make it more interesting!

It'd be great if an avid reader such as you, Lynne, were to come on board.

Love Ellie.
                                Hi Ellie and thanks for your input. Can you remind me of the book author and title and I’ll search for it and read it whilst I’m away at the Lake District from this Saturday for just a week. I can usually read a non scientific book in a day can or two but on holiday it could last most of the week as we’ll be going out. Love Lynne xx
                                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X