X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denise View Post
    Why it didn't list book 1 and book 2?
    It doesn't on the 'real' version either, just lists chapters 1-58. xx

โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
      ... Iโ€™ve been binge watching Harry Bosch on Prime
      It's very watchable isn't it and there are sooooo many!!! xx

โ€‹

Comment

I'm only on chapter 5 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

HI

Just got Audible at last for Thomas

He likes fact books, the great thing is they are around 13 to 18 hours

Have read a few of the Bosch books (physical ones) myself

He listens to pod casts on you tube too

Carer to husband diagnosed MND July 2021
          Balance onset and arms

Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

DeeH Well, you walked yourself into that, Donna ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ - do you fancy winding down of an evening with Pachinko?

In case you don't know: you can have Audible on your own device too and download your own books - > 1 user can listen to different books, on different devices.

You may not want to read/listen to this book, but you're more than welcome to join us at a later stage.

Some of us also use the library to borrow audiobooks and ebooks. xx

โ€‹

Comment

Hi Linda and all, have only just found your thread. Pachinko is not in my library, but found it in youtube, so will give it a go, and join you if still open for more! x
              Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Fantastic Heather, Linda will be pleased! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ xx

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
                  Hi Linda and all, have only just found your thread. Pachinko is not in my library, but found it in youtube, so will give it a go, and join you if still open for more! x
                  The more the merrier ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ˜Š
                  Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

No WiFi on the patio of our holiday cabin so I read 7 chapters of the book instead this afternoon. Rather good. Lynne x
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Ellie

Not sure what I walked into (middle of book discussion perhaps)

BUT I didn't know I could have different users on same account on Audible.

That is so good to know.

No time to read at moment, maybe moving. Packing boxes again.

Love talking about books

Cheers Donna

Carer to husband diagnosed MND July 2021
                      Balance onset and arms
                      Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                        Ooh Lynne, that would be great!

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.

Available free on Kindle if you have Amazon Prime, available free on YouTube audiobooks (in 2 parts), free in various formats from the library, and on Audible. xx
                        matthew55 are you up to joining us....after your traumatic stay in hosp? There will be a virtual happy hour....BOGOF๐Ÿน๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท๐Ÿน๐Ÿธ๐Ÿท
                        Last edited by LindaB; 9 July 2021, 10:34.

Comment

He's got to read the book as well
                          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                            He's got to read the book as well
                            Correct ๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

I promise to read it next week. After everything that's happened I'm still playing catch-up ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ˜xx
                              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

matthew55 I'll stock up the virtual bar now๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ˜‰

Comment

Working...
                                X