• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2012

Ooh Lynne, that would be great!

Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.

Available free on Kindle if you have Amazon Prime, available free on YouTube audiobooks (in 2 parts), free in various formats from the library, and on Audible. xx
    ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user
    ​

Comment

• Lynne K
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2017

Thanks Ellie. I’ll look now, Lynne x
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Lynne K
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

I looked and kindle version Β£3.99, audio somewhere Β£6.49 etc etc. Shall I get the Kindle version which I usually do or are you all listening to the audiobook version? I could get it free if I joined the audiobook company, whose name I forget but too expensive to pay in future. Lynne x
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• Ellie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

The audiobook is free on YouTube, Lynne. If you don't have Amazon Prime to get the Kindle version for free, you can do one month free trial, likewise with Audible, just don't forget to cancel!

Or your local library might have it as an ebook or audiobook, all online.
          Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user
          ​

Comment

• Lynne K
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2017

Thanks Ellie, I do have Prime. X

Comment

• denise
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2020

You tube version is brilliant. I think I'm on chapter 7. Or more it's very good.
              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

• denise
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2020

Chapter 9 😊

Comment

• Lynne K
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2017

Thanks Denise and Ellie. I downloaded the Kindle Prime version free but I’ll also look at YouTube whilst we’re away. I don’t want to start this yet as I’m treating it as a holiday read/listen. I hope that the internet connection is good enough for YouTube listening, but the Kindle version is on my iPad if that’s not possible. Lynne xx

Comment

• Ellie
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2012

denise You're welcome xx
                    ​

Comment

• denise
                      Forum Member
                      • Jun 2020

I was listening again but fell asleep. I think yesterday's vaccination caught up with me. 😩

Comment

• denise
                        Forum Member
                        • Jun 2020

Chapter 17. I'm hooked.

Comment

• denise
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2020

I've finished well I think I have. This is a daft question but can someone tell me what is the last chapter in part 2. πŸ€”

Comment

• Ellie
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

I just checked mine Denise - it says chapter 58 on the screen but I played a few seconds of it and the narrator said "Chapter 21".

I know the story is broken into sections as I am on 'book 2'.

If you want something to listen to in the meantime, I liked 'The Lazurus Heist' podcast on BBC Sounds, about North Korea state-sponsored computer hacking. It's not about computers or techy stuff, rather it's about the regime and even about pachinko!! And yes, it should be accessible to you in Portugal. xx
                            ​

Comment

• denise
                              Forum Member
                              • Jun 2020

Listening to book 1 and that finishes and starts book 2. I hear about 4 chapters then finishes. Strange ending thinks me. Have now found book 2. Why it didn't list book 1 and book 2? Need to find where i got to. πŸ€”

Comment

• Lynne K
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2017

I haven’t started listening nor reading the book yet. In my available time I’ve been binge watching Harry Bosch on Prime in the last two or three weeks. I saw the first series (out of the six available then) months ago. I’ve watched all of the rest up to mid way of series seven that came out a couple of weeks ago. I’ll probably finish this tonight and start on the book tomorrow. Lynne x
                                Last edited by Lynne K; 7 July 2021, 13:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X