Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LindaB
    replied
    From the Jubilee list...Secret River by Kate Grenville....free in KindleπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ“š

Downloaded😘

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    LindaB None of those listed books are available for me either 😐

I loved Shuggie Bain, had me laughing and crying - I think you'll enjoy it too. 😘

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    People Person, by Candice Carty-Williams
    • Two Storm Wood, by Philip Gray
    • Lessons In Chemistry, by Bonnie Garmus
    • Love Marriage, by Monica Ali
    • Metronome, by Tom Watson
    • Exactly What You Mean, by Ben Hinshaw
    • The Dictator's Wife, by Freya Berry
    I'll see if any of these are available....probably notπŸ™„πŸ‘β™₯️

Ellie not in my Borrow Box😏

​​​​​​​I looked at the Jubilee list and I've already started Shuggie Bains....which you previously recommendedπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜
    Last edited by LindaB; 16 May 2022, 09:45. Reason: Update on reading list

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    Ellie not available until September in my Borrow Box πŸ™„πŸ˜˜
    I nabbed one on Wednesday night thinking that might be the case, unavailable until late August now in my library.

I had a look for some of the 14 'Jubilee' books being reviewed this series and not many are in audiobook format, some are decades old - obvs really as it's a Jubilee list!

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Ellie not available until September in my Borrow Box πŸ™„πŸ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Ellie oh will look at thatπŸ“šπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ₯°

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    LindaB I started listening to People Person by Candice Carty-Williams this morning, featured on Between The Covers -
    so far, so good. xx

Leave a comment:

• Zante
    replied
    Lcfcno1fan being a villa supporter I am totally used to disappointment!! And the rich clubs will come and buy any decent players we have and so the slide downwards continues the following year!!

Ellie I too have read a lot of Karin Slaughter books. I remember many years ago when I first discovered her thinking the name was so apt! I read something recently about a new spin off series started from Bosch called Bosch Legacy. Think amazon. And I just noticed this evening on itv player they have put on some of the original Prime Suspect drama's with Helen Mirren. Some hours to pass away with! When I read Michael Connelly I don't want the book to end as its normally another 12 months for the next book release! X

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Lcfcno1fan Ooh, I like Harlan Coben too. I prefer his books but liked the TV dramas on BBC, not overly enamoured by the European made ones though, perhaps it's the dubbing πŸ€”

The good thing is that he's written so many there's always one available on BorrowBox (library) I've listened to quite a few.

I know what you mean about being excited about the next 'episode' - I do the bulk of my listening in bed, between my morning meds and the carers' arrival and it's my favourite time of the day.

I on a run of Karin Slaughter books atm (great name for a crime writer!)

Zante Yes, I'm a Michael Connelly fan too. xx

Leave a comment:

• Lcfcno1fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zante View Post
    Lcfcno1fan I haven't tried many audio books but i too love a good crime drama. Dont know if u have tried any but my favorite author by far is Michael Connelly. I prefer the police procedural type.
    for TV Beck new series is now all loaded onto BBC iplayer there are 4. And some older ones. Ps am Aston Villa fan but never sure if I should admit to that!! And Plymouth Argyle just to feel loyal! X
    You guys were unlucky last night πŸ˜•

I will give Michael Connelly a try πŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Tonight on bbc2 a new series of 'Between the Covers' book reviews. Maybe give us some ideasπŸ’‘ πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ˜˜
    It has in the past so 🀞 Thanks LindaB 😘

Leave a comment:

• Zante
    replied
    Lcfcno1fan I haven't tried many audio books but i too love a good crime drama. Dont know if u have tried any but my favorite author by far is Michael Connelly. I prefer the police procedural type.
    for TV Beck new series is now all loaded onto BBC iplayer there are 4. And some older ones. Ps am Aston Villa fan but never sure if I should admit to that!! And Plymouth Argyle just to feel loyal! X

Leave a comment:

• Lcfcno1fan
    replied
    Hi everyone,

So I am a bit of a sucker for a really good crime drama. I recently watched on Netflix The Stranger and Stay Close which were both written by Harlan Coben, I really enjoyed them and decided to listen to some of his other titles.

All I can say is wow, he really is an extremely good writer and has a great way of introducing a character and then delivering a huge right hand blow of a twist as the plot line develops. The plots are so gripping that I’m actually looking forward to going to bed tonight to listen to some more.

Currently listening to Tell No One which had the added bonus of being free on Audible πŸ‘

James

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Tonight on bbc2 a new series of 'Between the Covers' book reviews. Maybe give us some ideasπŸ’‘ πŸ“šπŸ“šπŸ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Now finished Tatooist of Auschwitz….I found it both harrowing and at times uplifting.
    Yes, it was both of those, well worth reading. xx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X