Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood thinners

Hi folk

Please could I ask , if when totally immobile , are you normally prescribed blood thinners to help stop thrombosis ?

Thank you x

Hi Shirl,I was prescribed “ blood thinners” in hospital recently as I was immobile.However on discharge home they weren’t prescribed despite the fact I am immobile most of the day.That went along with 6 hourly blood pressure and temperature and pulse rates( day and night).
    Best wishes
    Mary

Comment

Thank you for that.
      Appreciate it .

xx

Comment

Hi Shirl,

I am permanently on blood thinners. However, I had a pulmonary embolism after fracturing my leg in a fall 2 years ago. I came off blood thinners six months later and developed another blood clot ... this was after a flight so now I'm staying on them. According to my neurologist this is quite unusual unless we are dehydrated. I think I didn't drink enough water during the flight. ( didn't want to need the loo !)

If you're worried at all though speak to your doctor.
        Love Debbie x

Comment

I asked my GP that same question Shirl as I am immobile and pend hours in the same position, although I do have ROM exercises during the day, and she said no need for me to take blood thinners, but it's a good idea to see what your doctor thinks is best for you. xx
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thank you Ellie. Have now asked the question,
            xx

Comment

Working...
            X