No announcement yet.

Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, that’s a lovely treat for both you and your luscious locks LindaB πŸ₯° It’s nice to be pampered. She sounds like a very kind friend to have as, I’m sure, you are as kind to her.

I also had a treat today, my own mini spa day! Body scrub exfoliation, slathered in body lotion and a hand massage, courtesy of my lovely carers (one of whom is finishing up today πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯ but I shan’t dwell on that)

Here's to good friends πŸ₯‚ xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hey Matthew, maybe that carer of yours can use her exfoliation skills for good and give you your own pampering session πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

The young lady who just recently gave me he best wash ever is coming to do it again this afternoon. I have a jar of E45 in waiting. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

🍻 Ellie yes cheers to good friends old & new. matthew55 & Doug Carpenter seems we've all had a little bit of pampering. Because we're worth it. πŸ˜‡πŸ€—

​​​​​​​
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Doug Carpenter Glad to hear your carers pamper you too!! And the eye gaze finally arrived, yippee.

I wonder if the onscreen keyboard can be resized? Can you get a click & drag from the top of the keyboard display or through its Settings (cog icon) SmartBox support is apparently good, so you could contact them. I am conscious though that a smaller keyboard, with smaller keys, may prove difficult to use, in practice.

If you struggle with the small screen, maybe you'd get a grant from the MNDA for a bigger device? xx

​

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
              The young lady who just recently gave me he best wash ever is coming to do it again this afternoon. I have a jar of E45 in waiting.
              Enjoy it mate (but not too much or she'll never come back) πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Well let's just say I was standing to attention last time and she's coming back. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Heres to good friends and carers who go the extra mileπŸ₯‚

LindaB Your friend sounds wonderful but that shows you're a lovely friend too πŸ₯°

Ellie Your mini spa sounds magic... I do hope you are able to find a new carer who is just as good,

matthew55 Your pampering sounds interesting.. hope it went well.

XxπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Reason to be cheerful

My brother and his wife are over to visit from Canada.We went with them for lunch with 2 more friends over from Spain.
                    We sat outside a restuarant with views of the countryside in the sunshine eating great food and laughing together.
                    My sister in law is now in my kitchen making dinner for later as my son is coming with his lady friend...Pudding is lemon meringue .Grateful I can still eat albeit slowly.
                    Another day with lots of blessings.
                    Best wishes
                    Mary

Comment

Mary C what a lovely day you've had and still having. Definitely lots of reasons to be cheerful πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ’–
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Mary C Sounds fabulous Mary and it's not over yet! xx

​

Comment

Mary C . What a lovely day ! Keep enjoying it xx😘

Comment

I only took two efforts to get myself out of bed this morning. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜xx

Comment

Happy Hugs

From cloudy Cumbria

Another Saturday on Planet Earth

Comment

I can't think of one at moment but when I do I'll let you know. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Working...
                                X