Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    That sounds like a lovely afternoon for you both to have had LindaB Plans are good πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    What a lovely friend to do your ironing and make your lunch whilst chatting LindaB. You must be a fab friend too to inspire such friendship! πŸ’•

Great you're making Christmas plans xxπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    πŸ’–My best friend was round today...caught up and as she's chatting she's ironed everything in sight. Made my lunch and generally cheered me up. So pleased she's now back in the area and we're making plans for after Christmas. Feels like 'normal' I'm blessed to have her in my lifeπŸ’–β€‹β€‹

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    πŸ’–πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒOnly four sleeps until the Strictly finalπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ’–
    πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘ xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    πŸ’–πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒOnly four sleeps until the Strictly finalπŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸ’–

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Mary C sounds lovely - craft fayre's are especially nice this time of year and Carols a bonus. The simple pleasures are often the best. Enjoy every momentπŸ’–

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    LindaB
    So lovely your friend brought you happiness.Company can lift our moods…well I find it does.

Reasons to be happy today"…………….
    Showered and morning prayers start my days.RIG breakfast, cup of tea and make up on.

So my simple plan is to get ready and go to a local craft fayre which includes carols by a choir etc.We will get a bit of Xmas shopping and just enjoy being out.
    Not expecting visitors today but this can change.

Love looking at gardens, shop Christmas decorations and admiring home made crafts etc.

When I get back home I will have a rest and read the paper, a book a have a nap.
    Not exciting but we are happy to have another day enjoying simple pleasures.

Guess a Netflix film this evening.

Wishing you a good day.
    Mary x

Leave a comment:

• Rosemary6NT
    replied
    LindaB Sounds a wonderful friend. Not feeling obliged to chatter all the time is the best.

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    πŸ’–yesterday one of my dear friends came to visit. He brought me gorgeous flowers full of bright colours. Best of all he gave me the biggest hug....gently. He's 6ft 2ins and built like a shed so you really know you've been hugged. Gentle giant.

He stayed for coffee and a mince pie...Classic FM in the background as we chatted about this and that. Surprisingly he can still understand my speak. We spoke about my diagnosis and some of my wishes. We can talk very openly to each other without fear of causing upset, and we do.

​​​He's also the kind of friend where it's ok to sit in comfortable silence too.

His visit gave me a boost and I'm grateful for his friendship. My reason to be cheerful πŸ’–
    ​​​​​
    Last edited by LindaB; 4 December 2021, 15:47.

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied
    Hopefully, there's always reasons to be cheerful.

I stay upbeat and positive and still have a lot of pleasure in life. We laugh a lot sometimes at very silly things.

Mary C like you, transfers are becoming very difficult. I'm not far off needing hubby Mark to help out most of the time. Finally got to grips with the stand assist and sling, but thinking not long before a proper hoist will be needed . At least it's safe. Still using transfer board where possible and mustering every ounce of determination at others when I can't make the transfer board work.

Deb I know where you're coming from with child care. My now 8 year old grandson was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago and within hours of the diagnosis he went into cardiac arrest for 32 minutes because of the mass pressing on his heart and lungs. Against all odds he's still with us and still on chemo etc., but has been left profoundly blind amongst other things because of the cardiac arrest. We planned to go down regularly to help out, but then MND happened and put an end to that. I can't even visit (because of accessibility and toilet, not to mention not being able to get into the car) which causes me so much stress. They can't bring him here as he needs to be within 1 hour of a major hospital at all times. I should be able to help!

I know it's not my fault that I have MND but still feel guilty on many counts.

Sending love and best wishes to you both xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Mary C glad you're feeling better. Decorating the tree with your grandaughter, carols and mulled wine is something to look forward to. πŸ’–

Deb Sorry to hear you had a few tricky days. Lovely to know you'll see your grandson weeklyπŸ’–

It's the small things in life keep us goingπŸ’–πŸ’–

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Thank you so much Mary for your lovely, positive approach to life! Its infectious!

We've had a tricky few days and I was feeling very vulnerable and sorry for us both. Hubby has not been great so we've struggled.

However, a better day today. Our daughter in law has gone back to work after maternity leave and I'm sad i can't help out with childcare. Some people are so lovely. Her thoughtful parents brought our grandson round to see us and I was able to feed him and read him a story and we're going to do this weekly. I know Im lucky to be still able to do this. Precious times ! It won't be long before he's driving my powerchair.

Take Care,
    Love Debbie xπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Reasons to be cheerful.

Had a few days feeling not so great but feeling better now( infection at Rig site) and reaction to antibiotics.Managed to get out for fresh air today..heaven.The OT came today as need equipment to transfer now…oh well glad there is a way to be moved safely!
    Sometimes I read on here the situations people are coping with and it saddens me.Then how lovely that forum members try and offer support, advise.
    Christmas will be different this year but determined to enjoy it.4 weeks of advent have begun so will try and spiritually prepare as well as enjoying the decorations, pressie buying, seeing family and friends.Food no longer brings me joy as no appetite like many others but enjoy sitting with others tucking in.

My lovely sister in law has made lots of little Xmas cakes and mince pies( in freezer) for me to give as pressies to friends.Grandaughter coming to decorate the tree at weekend while we listen to carols and I will have a few sips of mulled wine.
    I have a special friend who is now homeless and refuses help at present.Can’t imagine how awful and lonely life living on streets must be.
    So I am thankful for the blessings I have today…
    Best wishes
    Mary x

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Bless you!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Doug Carpenter If you any help, don't hesitate to ask me, the forum and/or SmartBox - you're not an imposition. 😘😘

Leave a comment:

Working...
X