No announcement yet.

Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cats turned up last night after a long trip from portugal. george is letting us know he has had a long journey. the other two are quiet but ok. my son is keeping another 3 cats and a lovely lady on dartmoor is giving a home to another 3. these cats were strays that ive looked after and couldnt stand to leave behind. i did however have to leave others behind and its broken my heart they are expecting their meals and im not there. i tried to find homes for them and hoped the locals would adopt them but to no avail. i just hope they can forgive me for leaving them behind.

Comment

I would have given one or two a home πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜Žxx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

thats nice to hear.

Comment

covid tests for both of us - NEGATIVE. YIIIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE. no doubt we have to do day 8 and still get stuck here for - actually im not sure how many days.

Comment

I also would love to give home to cat. My wife can't stand them. Throws hands up in terror and fear if come near!

Comment

denise good news to be reunited with your fur babies ❀
              I've thought about getting a cat....love the British Short Hair....nice idea....probably not practical though 🐱🐱

Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

There's a bald cat next door. I've never seen a real one before only on the internet. Looks different. Very different. Think I prefer a real fur coat for mine. I want to knit the poor wee thing a coat. Not that I know how to knit πŸ™„

Comment

My dog would be envious of that bald cat - she suffers in the heat... xx
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Cool mats - my daughter in law has 2 labs and they have those mats to sit on. They even needed them in Scotland! How comes they have them? Why not us?

Comment

πŸ‘©β€πŸ³ determined to bake a cake today...it's taken me three hours but it's in the oven. I gave myself a pat on the back.βœ‹
                      Its a Black Caribbean Rum cake & the fruit has been soaking in 1/2 bottle rum overnight. So very boozy.

It's weird to have to adapt so much physically to achieve what wouldn't have been an issue. Had to rely on my left hand more...with difficulty. Used a small hand mixer so not too heavy. I puffed and groaned throughout...πŸ‘©β€πŸ³

To achieve this baking feat I'll confess I haven't had a shower ...didn't think I'd have the energy for both....I must smell like an old goatπŸ˜²πŸ˜‚....but the goal of a cake will be acheived...shower can wait🐐
                      ​​
                      There will be days to come when I know baking will be off the list of possibilities. However for today and in the here and now it's a reason for me to be cheerful...I'm grateful I've made a cake and grateful I will be able to eat a little of it...small moments. I'll send you all a virtual slice....πŸ˜˜πŸ’πŸ’‹
                      ​​​HAPPY SUNDAY ALL
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Smashing for you to be able to cook a cake. Well done. I’ll have a imaginable slice thanks. Love Lynne x
                        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Well done Linda!

Big hug

Doug xx

Comment

LindaB Mmm, I can smell it already - potent rum is pungent enough to mask the caprine odour (I can't call you an old goat)

Give me a shout when it's ready and I'll grind the coffee beans β˜•πŸ°

And, good on yer, girl 😘😘
                            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

My whole apartment smells of warm rum and butter....yes Ellie will be perfect with coffee...a rich roastβ˜•β˜•
                              I've been called worse than an old goat....but caprine sounds nicer....had to Google the word πŸ˜‚

β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹πŸ’‹πŸ’

Comment

Hi LindaB.it’s good to achieve something each day.
                                I tire easily too .I have visitors this afternoon so tea and lemon drizzle cake ( small slice for me).Might sit in the garden if showers keep off.Simple things please me and love being outside .
                                Happy Sunday
                                Mary

Comment

Working...
                                X