No announcement yet.

Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

πŸ’–A good day with so many lovely gifts. Family popping in throughout the day and granddaughter and partner staying over. I've just got into bed...tired but happy. Hoping everyone found some small joyπŸ’–
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Glad that you’ve had a good Christmas with loved ones Linda xx
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Yes a nice time. Nice food and good company. Xxx
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

πŸ’– reasons to be cheerful
          Christmas turned out ok ...in spite of covid and MND. The Christmas tree went up....which I wasn't sure of.
          I had so many lovely gifts and visitors. Had some good food including Christmas dinner courtesy of my best friend.

New Years Eve was spent with my bestie....we had a G&T watch Jules Holland and laughed and chatted. Even with my newly acquired limited voice. It was ok...we toasted in 2022.

I'm listening to the Vienna Concert bbc2 as I write this....love it and it's my annual treat.

No idea what 2022 will bring and the challenges I will undoubtedly face....however I'm thankful for this forum and my MND family.

At diagnosis when my world turned upside down....I thought well go home and wait for the grim reaper but all of you made me realise there is still a life to live....not an easy life....however your stories of overcoming obstacles, sometimes many years after diagnosis, gave me hope. πŸ™

So to all of you...thank you. πŸ’–

​
          ​​​
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

LindaB sounds like you’ve had a fabulous time xx
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Linda so glad you have had that nice Christmas. And I am thankful too for the lovely people on here, thank you all, and all the best to everyone for the new year xx
              Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                At diagnosis when my world turned upside down....I thought well go home and wait for the grim reaper but all of you made me realise there is still a life to live....not an easy life....however your stories of overcoming obstacles, sometimes many years after diagnosis, gave me hope. πŸ™ ​​​
                I know I'm emotional today, as was I yesterday, but LindaB , I admit to getting teary on reading this.

I never like to meet new members but I've loved getting to know you Sista πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie the feeling is mutual I assure you.....we may have met before....in another lifeπŸ‘―πŸ’ž

Comment

And I love both of you. β€οΈπŸ’—πŸ’“πŸ’žxx
                    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Awwwww matthew55 that's lovely....you're such a huge part of this forum.

In real life I fear I'd irritate you as I couldn't resist 'social working you' just a bitπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

Comment

I'd love the challenge and the chance! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ’‹πŸ’–xx
                        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

OK Matthew what about me?! Where do I fit in and the rest of the lovely ladies?!!! πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
                          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Of course you too. πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ˜xx

Comment

πŸ’–January & February can feel like particularly gloomy months for many of us...even pre MND. So harder to find reasons to be cheerful....without someone wanting to punch me😳

Anyhoo bestie called in today...we caught up on family gossip....also talked about a possible holiday....later in the year....it may or may not happen but it felt good to plan. I know it gave her a boost too...I can't overlook how sad she feels about my diagnosis. Normality for her is everything....so holiday chat cheered us both up in different ways. πŸ’–

Comment

LindaB that’s nice of your β€˜bestie’ xx

Comment

Working...
                                X