Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good friends are worth their weight in gold, that's for sure πŸ’–πŸ’–

And you're right to talk about getting away LindaB Where there's a will, there's a way πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Its amazing what makes us giddy and excited ! 😁😁😁πŸ₯³

I've been waiting ages for a T80 tilting shower wheelchair.. it came with the wrong seat and then there was confusion where the new padded seat was ( confusion is being polite !) ) My old chair is very hard and my feet kept sliding off the footrests , so Stuart has had to help me shower, hair wash etc.

Anyway it arrived yesterday and it's fab! I felt secure because of the tilt and my feet were comfortable. Going to open my Christmas shower goodies for my next one. Xxx πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Deb great news, relish your excitement! Xxx
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

(And your chair!)
          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
            Anyway it arrived yesterday and it's fab! I felt secure because of the tilt and my feet were comfortable. Going to open my Christmas shower goodies for my next one.
            It's going to be like a Spa Day in your reclining chair - enjoy, it's well deserved πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Nice one Debs, enjoy girl. You're definitely worth it. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜xx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Deb enjoy a full on pamper sessionπŸ’‹πŸ’‹
                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

[QUOTE=Deb;n73576]Its amazing what makes us giddy and excited ! 😁😁😁πŸ₯³

I've been waiting ages for a T80 tilting shower wheelchair.. it came with the wrong seat and then there was confusion where the new padded seat was ( confusion is being polite !) ) My old chair is very hard and my feet kept sliding off the footrests , so Stuart has had to help me shower, hair wash etc.

Anyway it arrived yesterday and it's fab! I felt secure because of the tilt and my feet were comfortable. Going to open my Christmas shower goodies for my next one. Xxx πŸ˜˜πŸ€—

That’s great Deb.

When eventually my adaptions and shower wheelchair arrives it won’t tilt because of space limitations in our wet-room. I hope that it’ll be ok for me xx
                  ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Oh for a shower! Last time I tried I ended up with a horrible fall. Weeks later I still have the remnants of a black eye 😭. Still waiting for conversion to a wet room 😠
                    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

I am washed on my bed. I can't breathe in a shower. Oh and after a week of sisters, mothers and even grandmothers my daughter came today. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜œπŸ‘xx
                      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary6NT View Post
                        Oh for a shower! Last time I tried I ended up with a horrible fall. Weeks later I still have the remnants of a black eye 😭. Still waiting for conversion to a wet room 😠
                        Oh dear, hopefully your conversion won’t be too long xx
                        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

πŸ’– Grandaughter is coming to stay tonight. Bringing home made chicken soup for my freezer. πŸ’–
                          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

LindaB your lovely granddaughter, enjoy xx

Comment

Linda that sounds wonderful. Chicken and a little chick 😘
                              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                                πŸ’– Grandaughter is coming to stay tonight. Bringing home made chicken soup for my freezer. πŸ’–
                                Chicken soup was delicious and she brought other meals for the freezer. Was nice to have her company and her 2 little dogs. I was waited on....always nice.

Anyhoo in other news I came to a decision about driving - after much thought these last few weeks...time for me to stop. So I signed over my car to my granddaughter yesterday....glad it's gone to a good home. Funnily enough I thought I'd feel sad....but I'm ok....weirdly....so from now on its chauffeur driven all the wayπŸ’–

​
                                ​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X