Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
    I signed over my car to my granddaughter yesterday....glad it's gone to a good home. Funnily enough I thought I'd feel sad....but I'm ok...
    ​​​
    What a nice grandma you are πŸ’–πŸ˜‡

For me, stopping driving was a gut wrench - I loved driving - but at least I get to admire the scenery or close my eyes and listen to music when I'm in a car now πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie can't say I've loved driving but always loved the independence it gave me....but had to recognise my body is not up to it...it's a loss but I'm resigned to it.
      Yes I'll enjoy the view from now on😘😘😘
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I stopped driving when my hands would not go over the steering wheel. sold the car to friends.
        It's all funny

Comment

My reason to be cheerful today:

One of my lovely carers went home for a holiday and came back to work today. When she was applying my lotions and potions after my shower this morning, she produced a face cream she had brought for me and asked would I like some, I smiled signalling a β€˜Yes’.

It was quite thick and I noticed a β€˜50’ on the tub so, when I got to my PC, I said I’d use it in the summer so as not to waste the SPF50 cream (knowing it’s expensive) She explained that it isnt SPF50, but for age over 50 🀣🀣🀣🀣 - it was written in Polish πŸ₯΄ We had a good laugh about it.

She also got me foot cream, hand cream and body cream. I know I’m lucky with my carers πŸ’–

​

Comment

What lovely carers you have Ellie . Im sure you deserve them. XπŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ’•

Comment

Ellie how lovely of your carer to treat you...your relationship sounds great. You deserve a pamperπŸ’–
              Definitely a reason to be cheerfulπŸ’–
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Oh lovely Ellie β™₯️ X
                Janette x

Comment

The whole world loves you Ellie πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜xxx
                  Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                    The whole world loves you
                    Yeah, I wouldn't go that far πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

One of my besties came round this afternoon and brought me mousses from M&S. She made a few calls for me and was so helpful, and we had a good chat via my IPad. It lifted my mood and makes me realise I have some lovely friends.

Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Sounds like a great afternoon with a good friend πŸ’–πŸ’– GillB

Comment

Originally posted by GillB View Post
                          One of my besties came round this afternoon and brought me mousses from M&S.
                          This is not just friendship, this is M&S friendship...

What a lovely afternoon GillB πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

That made me laugh Ellie
                            Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Originally posted by GillB View Post
                              That made me laugh Ellie
                              It's good to laugh πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

It's been a sad couple of days hearing about the loss of Mary. It seems strange to post reasons to be cheerful but Mary was such a positive lady so I'm sure she would approve.

We made it again to our happy place in Spain. Each time I think it will be our last time here but here we are and daring to dream about coming back in June with the family for a big birthday celebration.

I had fantastic special assistance in the UK and Spain. I need lifting from powerchair to aisle wheelchair and seat and then obviously back and if was done professionally and with dignity.

Im sorry because I know many of us are unable to travel .

Lots of love xxxπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Working...
                                X