No announcement yet.

Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary I love lemon drizzle cake too....( Any cake to be honest). Simple things are the best because it's a sense of normality...enjoy your visitors & afternoon tea. It's very rainy here but fingers crossed it holds off for you β˜•πŸ°πŸŒ₯πŸ’‹
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Mary C Mmmm, lemon drizzle cake!! (I'm now drooling a la Homer Simpson at all this talk of cake 😍)

Enjoy your day Mary. xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

LindaB I do crosswords, those type of words come up from time to time. Use it or lose it, eh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Well done for your cake Linda... it sounds delicious... as does your lemon drizzle cake Mary.

As we're amongst close friends I'll confess to never having made a cake πŸŽ‚ and im not sure now is the time to start a baking career. I used to make chocolate crispies with the children but I'm not sure that counts ! 🀣

Enjoy your day,
          Love Debbie x

Comment

I have found the woman in my dreams a cake eater who smells like a goat! πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’—πŸ˜˜XX
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              I used to make chocolate crispies with the children but I'm not sure that counts !
              Of course it does πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

My reason? Tottenham unbeatable in 180 minutes and beating the old enemy 1 - 0 at home. Happy Days COYS!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

And I spent a few hours in the 🌞🌞 today, catching up with some friends 😎 Unfortunately no 🍰 for me, nor even a chocolate crispie cake πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ but that's OK. xx

​

Comment

Glad for any of us enjoying Sunday and that you've been able to sit in the sun Ellie. Its raining and windy here but I've had a fab time seeing our gorgeous grandson ❀ 😍

Maybe one day I'll share my secret chocolate crispy recipe with him 🀣

Love Debbie x

Comment

Ellie I've sent you virtual black Caribbean Rum cake for you to virtually eat ...

Glad you had a few hours in the sun with friends....extra vitamin D πŸ€—πŸ’‹πŸ˜˜
                      ​​​​​​
                      Last edited by LindaB; 8 August 2021, 19:17.
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

LindaB Just had a teaser taste, yum yum, nice and moist. My barista is brewing my coffee right now, so I'll be busy for half a hour, thank you!! 😘😘

​

Comment

Todays reason to be cheerful- I've got tomorrow off (catch up on the BITSC)- & so a long bank holiday weekend! Also between you and I Saturday is my birthday- there will be cake(s) family round and we'll sit in my summer house for afternoon tea. πŸ₯³πŸ°β˜•

Comment

Happy birthday to you LindaB for Saturday.
                            What a lovely sunny day here in Warwickshire.Went for a riverside wheelchair push In Worcester this afternoon.Hubby had lunch but I didn’t fancy anything so supplement through RIG for me.( Will contact nutritionist tomorrow as appetite is deteriorating)

It was a good people watching spot outside at the riverside restuarant.

It took my mind off my deteriorating voice and change in breathing.Mobility down to transfers mainly.Quite a lot of deterioration since end of June.Counting my blessings each day but realistic .

Home now and sister in law ready to wash and blow dry my hair..got to look presentable as friends coming tomorrow afternoon.
                            Plan to have glass of wine later while I can enjoy it.Another good day and reason to be cheerful.
                            Best wishes
                            Mary

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                              ... and we'll sit in my summer house for afternoon tea.
                              Does your pond have a Duck House too? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

​

Comment

LindaB Your weekend plans sound wonderful, enjoy. 😘

​

Comment

Working...
                                X