No announcement yet.

Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everytime we come to Spain i think it will be the last but we make it again. The airport was total chaos but special assistance were great. Not surprisingly after being in a crowded airport with no ventilation we both got covid 3 days after arriving.

Still feel very weary and have a very annoying cough but on the mend and all our family are here to celebrate a special birthday ( not mine !) So making memories. I feel very lucky to watch my grandson learning to swim. Im also lucky that amongst our family is a GP keeping an eye on my cough.

Love and hugs to all xxxπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Deb I am so glad to hear your grandson is with you Debbie, that's just wonderful and hopefully makes coping with Covid a tad easier.

Wishing you a full recovery 🀞🀞😘

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

We have reason to be cheerful today, our granddaughter was born at 3:42 this morning. A little sister for our 4 year old grandson. Can't wait to have a cuddle
        Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicates with eye gaze.

Respiratory and blood gases still within normal range.

No speech but sense of humour still fully intact.

Comment

MMG Oh how wonderful - congrats to all.

Thanks for sharing your good news 😘

​

Comment

That's fantastic news MMG. Congratulations to you all and enjoy that first cuddle xxx

Comment

Deb well done for making for making it to Spain again and making the most of it despite Covid.
              MMG how lovely, enjoy the cuddles
              one thing that cheers me on difficult days is being sent photos of my beautiful grandchildren, and my one year old granddaughter is coming to stay tomorrow! Xxx
              Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Heather R Aww Heather, have a lovely day with your little granddaughter xx

​

Comment

Lots of reasons to be cheerful πŸ’•

MMG Congratulations on the new granddaughter and enjoy the cuddles.

Deb Enjoy your time in Spain and I hope you have a speedy recovery from covid.
                  Handy you have a GP in the family.

​​​​​​​Heather R Enjoy your time with your little granddaughter.
                  Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Today my two best carers washed my hair.

Bliss!

Doug
                    Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Doug Carpenter snap. Well my hairdresser came and tidied me up. Its the little things.
                      Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

I gave Stephen a haircut and shaved his beard off. Not sure if he feels it's an improvement but it certainly is better for me having to look at him. 😊
                        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

denise πŸ˜πŸ˜…
                          Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Yippee! The shower in our wetroom is fixed. I'm not a happy bunny without a shower and having hair washed with cups in the wash basin has been hurting my neck.

To celebrate 🍾 ive ordered new fluffy towels and shower gel (and even more toddler books and toys !)

Definitely reasons to be cheerful xxx

Comment

Deb so the toys and books are for you in the shower? Suppose you cant have little yellow ducks in a shower. My cat likes cleaning the shower floor. No idea what he gets out of it.😼
                              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I have enjoyed two nights being able to stretch my long legs out, thanks to this hole I accidentally made trying to lever myself round the bed 🀣. Methinks I need a larger hospital bed. X
                                Attached Files
                                Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Working...
                                X