No announcement yet.

Reason to be cheerful πŸ’“πŸ’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary C Sounds like your Sunday will be very lovely indeed. I love your positivity which is infectious.
    My friend who has stayed all week left early this morning.. & I felt a little blue....so I've had a bath and reminded myself I'm lucky I'm still just about able to do that - so make the most of it.
    Some days are harder than others to find the joy....so thank you for sharing yours.
    Sun is shining too 🌞
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Mary, Linda and everyone else. Sad your friend has gone they make such a difference to our lives. We really need friends and family around us. Hope you all have a good day.

😚
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Woop woop, Yippee, Yahoo...

I am back en famille with my πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦πŸ•πŸŽπŸŽ and looking forward to a good night’s sleep 🀞🀞

I enjoyed my respite, got a full MOT, came home with a new collar and new food for my pump feeds (higher protein) and new friends made πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘

Night night everyone 😘😘
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Welcome home Ellie!

Sleep tight

Doug x

Comment

That sounds wonderful Ellie. Thank you for showing us how to make the very best of situations, you are an inspiration xx
            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Ellie Yippee..so glad you're home with your πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘¦β€πŸ‘¦πŸ•πŸ΄πŸ΄

Great you've got an MOT certificate too.

Hope you had a lovely nights sleep πŸ’€ 😴

xxxπŸ˜˜πŸ€—

Comment

Yes glad you,'re back with us Ellie xx

Comment

American Horror Story episode two is on. Ellie has always been here so why are we welcoming her back? πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx
                  Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Glad that you’ve got home with what you need after your MOT Ellie. Love Lynne x
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Ellie glad you're back from your spa trip....home sweet home πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                        Hope you had a lovely nights sleep πŸ’€ 😴
                        I did! The best in a while πŸ‘πŸ‘ xx

​

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                          Ellie has always been here so why are we welcoming her back?
                          Because if you don't, I'll set Tuberculosis Karen on you and it'll be the Leigh Horror Story πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

She's my friend not my god
                            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Reasons to be cheerful today.

My lovely sister in law Lin who helps us at home has done a marathon cooking session for us.My brother and sister in law are over from Canada and plan to spend time with us during days for 2 weeks.

So Cottage pie, steak and ale pie, chicken curry all ready.Next is sticky toffee pudding , trifle, mincemeat tarts and apple and blackberry pie.

My appetite isn’t great but I enjoy watching family enjoying their meals.I am not trying to be insensitive to members who can no longer eat.I enjoyed planning the meals with Linda even though my hands don’t allow for baking these days.I can still eat but I don’t feel hungry so top with up with supplements.

Another reason to be cheerful is the sun is shining and I am having a manicure later on...even though hands are thin and bony now.

Finally some friends are coming early evening for drinks...I can still enjoy a glass of wine which I sip and can last a few hours these days.πŸ˜‚
                              They are good friends who know that by 9 I am tiring so β€œ last orders”.as time for PJS on and a bit of TV in bed or reading a new book just started.

Counting my blessings .
                              Hope others have things to be cheerful about today despite being on the MND journey.
                              Mary

Comment

Oh my days Mary - if Lin ever wants a change of scenery, send her to me πŸ˜„

Enjoy your manicure, nibbles of food and sipping wine with your visitors. Eating little and often is good if you've not much of an appetite.

Love Ellie xx

​

Comment

Working...
                                X