No announcement yet.

Toilet problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My council OT said that they provide two kinds of shower wheelchairs. The one that they prescribe mostly is best for long term use because the back can recline. That would fit over a standard Closomat if there is enough space around the loo, but it won’t work for my bathroom or my preference to have support arms on the Closomat so that I can keep my independence as long as possible. I still walk with my walker. The alternative shower wheelchair that doesn’t tilt back fits over the Closomat with arms. I forget the model numbers of these shower wheelchairs. Love Lynne x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

oh mary what a pain (ha need i say the obvious place) yes i saw the prices and yes ellie bog standard would be obvious and i dont think a seat would park itself over a square loo. but hell yes so much dosh for a wash and dry. who would have thought. the commode with the wash and dry was £2000.

i did look on ebay to see what was on offer but no car so an even bigger problem. bit much when i have to figure out buy a toilet or buy car!!! i recall some years ago a car having a shower attachement on the back for hosing down dogs and boots perhaps there's one out there with a loo!

yes trust us to have a square loo with the posh cistern attached. come to the conclusion nothing is easy. my son suggested a compostable loo - im on the top floor so where am i going to empty that! chuck it off the balcony!

let me know how the customisation goes mary. has anyone with a clos o mat managed to get a chair over the top? am i right in thinking this thing is a fancy loo seat and not got a loo attched?
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I think the council are putting a Geberit toilet in for me x
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

thanks heather it is now on my list. now need to know if chair will fit over that.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
            Woop Woop Heather, that's fab! xx
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
              Great stuff 👍 that’s what I’m having fitted when they finally do it 🙏🏻 We are pencilled in for 18th October for the wet room 🤞🏻 Also been measured for shower chair and also been approved for track hoist for bedroom, things are moving eventually 🤗
              Janette x

Comment

well done you. let us know how it went. xxx

Comment

Swinging in the shower. Brilliant! 😂🤣😄😘xxx
                  Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post
                    ... things are moving eventually
                    About ***** time for you Janette - heavens knows you've been waiting long enough!!

And a fancy loo included - yes, with precise hoist positioning, you might even get a 2 for 1 from the Gerberit spray 😍

Roll on 18th October. 😘

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                      About ***** time for you Janette - heavens knows you've been waiting long enough!!

And a fancy loo included - yes, with precise hoist positioning, you might even get a 2 for 1 from the Gerberit spray 😍

Roll on 18th October. 😘
                      🤣🤣 yes Ellie waited far too long, got my ramp now I can get out but can’t get back in over the weatherboard hopefully the new front door solves that problem 🤦🏼‍♀️ x
                      Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post
                        I can get out but can’t get back in over the weatherboard
                        Geez, is this a 'Mr Bean' film 😱😱😱 xx

Comment

I can't believe your adaptations have taken so long Janette! You must be so fed up and frustrated with waiting. ..Thats putting it politely.

Being able to get out but not back in is adding insult to injury. Grr! I've everything crossed that it all goes smoothly. X😘🤗

Comment

Yes I’ve been a bit fed up with it of late 🥺 life is hard enough as it is and it could be so much easier, but it’s getting there 🤞🏻 X
                            Janette x

Comment

Hi Denise
                              I am advised that south western aids at Newton abbot do site visits.I believe they can come out to your home and advise about shower chairs to have over bio bidets.Might be worth exploring if you decide to go down the bio bidet route .
                              Best wishes
                              Mary

Comment

Thanks Mary that's wonderful xx

Comment

Working...
                                X