• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Heather R View Post
    I think the council are putting a Geberit toilet in for me x
    Great stuff 👍 that’s what I’m having fitted when they finally do it 🙏🏻 We are pencilled in for 18th October for the wet room 🤞🏻 Also been measured for shower chair and also been approved for track hoist for bedroom, things are moving eventually 🤗

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Heather R View Post
    Woop Woop Heather, that's fab! xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    thanks heather it is now on my list. now need to know if chair will fit over that.

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    oh mary what a pain (ha need i say the obvious place) yes i saw the prices and yes ellie bog standard would be obvious and i dont think a seat would park itself over a square loo. but hell yes so much dosh for a wash and dry. who would have thought. the commode with the wash and dry was £2000.

i did look on ebay to see what was on offer but no car so an even bigger problem. bit much when i have to figure out buy a toilet or buy car!!! i recall some years ago a car having a shower attachement on the back for hosing down dogs and boots perhaps there's one out there with a loo!

yes trust us to have a square loo with the posh cistern attached. come to the conclusion nothing is easy. my son suggested a compostable loo - im on the top floor so where am i going to empty that! chuck it off the balcony!

let me know how the customisation goes mary. has anyone with a clos o mat managed to get a chair over the top? am i right in thinking this thing is a fancy loo seat and not got a loo attched?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    My council OT said that they provide two kinds of shower wheelchairs. The one that they prescribe mostly is best for long term use because the back can recline. That would fit over a standard Closomat if there is enough space around the loo, but it won’t work for my bathroom or my preference to have support arms on the Closomat so that I can keep my independence as long as possible. I still walk with my walker. The alternative shower wheelchair that doesn’t tilt back fits over the Closomat with arms. I forget the model numbers of these shower wheelchairs. Love Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi Denise , I have the bio bidet which is great.However still trying to get a shower chair that fits over it for anticipated future needs.
    I have a rep coming today as a company customised a shower chair for me but it’s still wrong!!
    I also changed the toilet as was “wrong shape”...In hindsight I wished I had a clos o mat but the price was about £3.500 rather than £700 for bio bidet .
    Hope Stephen is ok.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That's what you get for having a posh loo 😍😍

Might be easier to just replace it with a bog standard loo - would a shower chair fit over a square/rectangle loo? xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    the problem seems to be i have a square loo so its getting the seat to fit. anyone else got a square loo?

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My bio is fantastic, it gives me enemas! 😄🤗😘😍xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    So it's thumbs up for closomatic then? There's others on the internet anyone tried them?

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    hi heather its a stud wall so shouldnt be too much of a probem and the loo backs onto it anyway. i think i will end up paying for it. i shall have to take up plumbing in my spare time xxx

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    denise I think different local authorities have different policies about grants for the work. I am lucky enough to have mine paid for, but it has taken a long time for the council adaptations team to agree the work and to agree payment for it. My current bathroom is apparently too small to be a wet room, so they are converting the utility room for this. I really sympathise with all the difficulties you are having with it, and I too found already adapted accommodation really scarce. Would you be happy with knocking through to small bedroom? xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    My council OT is arranging it and other adaptions. All of the jobs haven’t been approved yet. The OT, the Closomat person and a contracting architect came out in July. The OT said that the estimates have to be presented to the next ‘panel’ and the July one had already taken place, none was taking place in August so it’ll be presented to the September’panel' and then they’ll get back in touch with me. Council wheels turn slowly . Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Thanks Lynne. Did you have to pay for the work or was it installed for you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X