Bit of a long shot but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a long shot but....

Does anyone on here play bridge? I've been playing bridge for about 3or 4 years mostly online because of Covid. It would be great to get a game with someone on here. I'm improver to intermediate level and not one of those snooty players

I don't unfortunately Rosemary6NT but I hope you find fellow players🀞🀞

Good idea, posting as you did. πŸ‘πŸ˜˜
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I haven't but I'd like to learn πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
        I haven't but I'd like to learn πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx
        Hi Matthew, I thought someone might say this . The best link I can find is some Youtube videos by Tina McVeigh who does some basic free videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...w12EvPemotgSJJ

She is a New Zealander who plays the same bidding system (Acol) that we use in the UK. Have a look and see if it is likely to be something for you then I can point you to some more links. It may seem a bit dry at first but once you get playing I find it fun because it stretches my brain and satisfies my competitive instincts x

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary6NT View Post
          ... satisfies my competitive instincts
          Aha! The truth is out now Rosemary πŸ€­πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            Aha! The truth is out now Rosemary πŸ€­πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Comment

Rosemary6NT That now explains the 6NT at the end of your name! I played about 40 years ago at a beginners level and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Richard
              Richard

Comment

It's like a fog has been lifted.πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                  It's like a fog has been lifted.πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜xx
                  🀣🀣 glad to be of service! Was it like watching paint dry?

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
                    Rosemary6NT That now explains the 6NT at the end of your name! I played about 40 years ago at a beginners level and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Richard
                    Well, if you fancy revisiting it at any time there is a website β€œBridgeBase online” that lets you play for free. I will find the link... It’s been a lifeline during lockdown. πŸ˜€

Comment

My kids had to learn how to play Bridge at school as part of a module, - can't be sure but maybe Critical Thinking?? xx

​

Comment

Ooh, lucky kids. As a teenager I tried to teach myself from a Penguin "how to" book but I just couldn't understand the concept of the "dummy"

Comment

Working...
                        X