Bit of a long shot but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a long shot but....

Does anyone on here play bridge? I've been playing bridge for about 3or 4 years mostly online because of Covid. It would be great to get a game with someone on here. I'm improver to intermediate level and not one of those snooty players
    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

I don't unfortunately Rosemary6NT but I hope you find fellow players🀞🀞

Good idea, posting as you did. πŸ‘πŸ˜˜
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

I haven't but I'd like to learn πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
        I haven't but I'd like to learn πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx
        Hi Matthew, I thought someone might say this . The best link I can find is some Youtube videos by Tina McVeigh who does some basic free videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...w12EvPemotgSJJ

She is a New Zealander who plays the same bidding system (Acol) that we use in the UK. Have a look and see if it is likely to be something for you then I can point you to some more links. It may seem a bit dry at first but once you get playing I find it fun because it stretches my brain and satisfies my competitive instincts x
        Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary6NT View Post
          ... satisfies my competitive instincts
          Aha! The truth is out now Rosemary πŸ€­πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            Aha! The truth is out now Rosemary πŸ€­πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

Comment

Rosemary6NT That now explains the 6NT at the end of your name! I played about 40 years ago at a beginners level and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Richard
              Richard

Comment

It's like a fog has been lifted.πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                  It's like a fog has been lifted.πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜xx
                  🀣🀣 glad to be of service! Was it like watching paint dry?

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
                    Rosemary6NT That now explains the 6NT at the end of your name! I played about 40 years ago at a beginners level and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Richard
                    Well, if you fancy revisiting it at any time there is a website β€œBridgeBase online” that lets you play for free. I will find the link... It’s been a lifeline during lockdown. πŸ˜€

Comment

My kids had to learn how to play Bridge at school as part of a module, - can't be sure but maybe Critical Thinking?? xx

​

Comment

Ooh, lucky kids. As a teenager I tried to teach myself from a Penguin "how to" book but I just couldn't understand the concept of the "dummy"

Comment

Working...
                        X